Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

All these tv spots with more new clips are just cherry on top. Eagerly watch each one.
Best is every time you see the mustache blue logo white helmet x-wing pilot in vids, dude always got this big ***** grin on his face.
Like a true fan who hit the jackpot getting a role in the movie.

I honestly don't think they spared an expense with the suit with the budget they have nowadays. Spencer Wilding is not a skinny guy.

He is a skinny guy. Way too skinny to play Vader. He's tall enogh and his shoulders are broad enough, but he lacks the essential Vader girth from chest to back. Prowse's girth is conspicuously missing from this new guy's frame. Poor casting.

The Wook

I think the Rogue One team (real world team...) outdid what JJ thought he was doing with TFA, making a nostalgia film. They did it and did it so much better, while telling a new exciting story. That's just from what I've seen in the trailers.

If you are right, Sluis, I'll be thrilled! But I learned long ago to not trust trailers. Totally crappy movies can be made to look great in a trailer.

The Wook

rogue_one_darth_vader222.jpgvaderr1111.jpg

I'm wondering what the Rebels and rebellious senators know about what happened at the end of ROTS. What if part of what unites the rebel groups (if that is what we see in that meeting in the movie) is Bail Organa laying out what really happened (minus Obi Wan and Yoda surviving)? I doubt most people know the Emperor is a Sith Lord. Also just telling them the Jedi are not necessarily dead might give them hope as well. However the latter might be a step too far for Bail since he's protecting Leia.

I just wonder if they could find outakes/unused stuff from EPIV with more Leia stuff or Tarkin stuff they can implement with CGI. Lucas himself toyed with the idea of using footage of movies Cushing did several years before Star Wars and using the footage as Tarkin, but he didn't end up doing it. And technology has progressed since.

Lots of chatter from the most recent EW articles with John Knoll hinting at a groundbreaking bit of visual effects in R1 and speculation it will be a CG rendered Tarkin and young Leia.

I was hoping to see this in TFA, maybe a small cut scene from the past 30+ years, would be cool if they did that in R1.

I was hoping to see this in TFA, maybe a small cut scene from the past 30+ years, would be cool if they did that in R1.
I'm more of the idea that flashbacks and the like aren't part of the feel of the saga. We didn't get to see a rundown of what happened prior to ANH during ANH (although, I do understand there is a bit of a difference), or what happened between ANH and ESB (there is a story or two... like what happened on Ord Mantell), etc.

I think we're more apt to see some things via the Force than anything else - ala Rey's vision.

I'm more of the idea that flashbacks and the like aren't part of the feel of the saga. We didn't get to see a rundown of what happened prior to ANH during ANH (although, I do understand there is a bit of a difference), or what happened between ANH and ESB (there is a story or two... like what happened on Ord Mantell), etc.

I think we're more apt to see some things via the Force than anything else - ala Rey's vision.

Yeah, I was thinking that the gap between ROTJ and TFA was so large it would have been cool to add something. I agree that the time between the movies in the OT were so short it wouldn't be necessary.

Yeah, I was thinking that the gap between ROTJ and TFA was so large it would have been cool to add something. I agree that the time between the movies in the OT were so short it wouldn't be necessary.
The gap between ROTS and ANH is pretty large, too. Maybe they should add a flashback to next re-release of ANH?

I don't think they need to explain everything to everyone. Again, the example of Ord Mantell - a brief mention in ESB might lead people to think they missed something (and I'm sure there's the obvious story told somewhere). There will be plenty of LFL tie-ins to tell these stories... and I'm sure some this will be left for VIII and IX. They don't need to pander to the audience or insult our intelligence where they have to explain every little minute story detail in the saga movies (we're smart enough to figure some things out and know fill in details of what's missing).

what a total @!#$% up. All ticket web pages were pretty much non existent for the first 40 minutes of the :01 sales. Finally got 2 tix at two different theaters. Not sure which one I want to go and wait ALL DAY in line for. Cinerama in Seattle mucked up again, can't even get into their tix website sales. How sad Paul Allen!

what a total @!#$% up. All ticket web pages were pretty much non existent for the first 40 minutes of the :01 sales. Finally got 2 tix at two different theaters. Not sure which one I want to go and wait ALL DAY in line for. Cinerama in Seattle mucked up again, can't even get into their tix website sales. How sad Paul Allen!

I actually went with a local theater in that does reserve seats with recliners and has a surprisingly nice loud sound system and screen setup. I know it's not the Cinerama, but i'm happy. Cinerama REALLY needs to get their crap together. They have one of the most advanced theaters in the country with one of the worst websites right now. It's so infuriating. AND it's still down despite what they're saying on FB right now.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back