Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

Although the next shot shows a wet looking Mads in the rain near the floor looking up at a human,...the shot of Vader walking briskly looks like he's approaching Ben Mendelson's character

View attachment 672459
J

yes, it's Krennick Vader is wawalking towards, white cape and all. Galen is wet in that shot and there is another shot on a landing platform where it's raining and is is walking towards Krennick. Perhaps this is a point where Galen is in trouble with his handlers.

Well, whomever he's walking to, he's walking too fast. :lol

The Wook

Well, whomever he's walking to, he's walking too fast. :lol

The Wook

Remember Dave Prowse played Vader a lot more dramatic in Star Wars.....swinging about...."Commander, Tear this ship apart.....etc......

The deleted scene with Vader & Bast,....Vader is walking like a locomotive....with purpose
wars%2Bdeleted%2Bscene%2Bbast%2Bleslie%2Bschofield.png

Its in the sequels were he slows & oozes coolness

J

The massive fallen Jefi statue was a striking visual!

That was pretty cool. I'm not sure if it's a case of the Empire knocking it down or not because it looked like it had been there a while.

Yeah you must think all Mon calamari look the same.... dude that's racist ;)

:lol I remember reading something a week or two ago where they said there are new Mon Calamari that are from a northern/arctic region. So they are blue colored I guess.

I can't wait to see this. I'm way more excited about this than TFA. I think TFA was pandering whereas this, at least from the trailers, is how to properly give a nod to ANH while giving us an entirely new story.

I was a full out skeptic from the first trailer. Now we know Gyn was held captive by the Empire. Her father is a major consultant on the Death Stars construction, against his will. Knowing these rebels are going to their deaths is major! This is going to be hard hitting especially since we know the plans were transferred. I understand Gynn's "pep" talk lines much more than the "save the dream" line from Whitakers character. That sounded cheesy. She sounded like she was a leader.

So we got like 2 months and 2 days. I am looking forward to this, guess being a big death star fan helps.
I'm wondering about that shot where its upside down. Is the camera suppose to be just underneath it looking up making it seem upside down, or what?

I like this new trailer a lot. The music is very well done. I even like the new lines. I smiled when they said them, tbh.

Gonna have a lot of fun seeing this movie.

That trailer embodied my perception of Star Wars: A small, desperate group of rebel underdogs fighting for their freedom against an evil Empire.

It's not the inconsistent and pseudo philosophy of Jedi vs. Sith. It's not clones against a bunch of robots fighting for convoluted separatist political causes. It's not the ambiguousness of the First Order against the Resistance.

This film looks like it's going back to the beautiful simplicity of the original Star Wars that anyone can relate to: Oppressed people fighting a massive, oppressive institution against all odds. Star Wars isn't deep writing and it doesn't have to be deep. I believe it's this simple formula that makes Star Wars so much fun especially when you add the AT-ATs, Star Destroyers, X-Wings, etc. This is Star Wars for me, and I absolutely love it. This trailer captured all of it. It may not have my original childhood heroes of Luke, Han, and Leia, but I am perfectly willing to embrace the new ones as it captured the heart of why I originally fell in love with these movies to begin with.

Hopefully it doesn't disappoint, but so far it looks like it will be incredibly satisfying.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back