Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

jyn in prison,fallen jedi statue, at-st hunting them down in the ally, jynns father officially announced he created the death star, more rebels!! and vader coming out of the mist... i know i said i wasn't feeling this before. now i am totally psyched!!! can not wait!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good eagle eye, Dude. Totally missed the gigantic fallen Jedi statue during the flyover. Thought only landscape mountains.
That walk up to screen scene has to be the Tarkin reveal. Wonder if he actually has a line this time.
Think her father's gonna die in the movie. Like the scenes of the surrounding cast-Bodhi nuts up finally all in, Baze is gonna be funny, that little girl easily passes as younger version of Jyn.
Director doesn't look like he ages as the ranks go up.

Bingo. I was completely psyched about this movie...until now. The tone of the thing has changed. Before it seemed like Jynn was all attitude and badassery -- even to the leadership of the Rebellion -- and now she's spouting new age inspirational dreck like "We have HOPE. Rebellions are built on HOPE!".

I hope this isn't the result of the re-shoots they've been talking about. Bleeeeccccch.

Normally I don't buy into terms like 'bad assery'....

but in this case, I have to agree now that you brought it up.

The Hope line tonally is not only a MAJOR groaner (it's leading into ep 4, we get it disney!).......but it almost makes her look down right, is dainty the right word?, compared to the other trailer.

Lens distortion from various lens types can do that too.

- - - Updated - - -

Good eagle eye, Dude. Totally missed the gigantic fallen Jedi statue during the flyover. Thought only landscape mountains.
That walk up to screen scene has to be the Tarkin reveal. Wonder if he actually has a line this time.
Think her father's gonna die in the movie. Like the scenes of the surrounding cast-Bodhi nuts up finally all in, Baze is gonna be funny, that little girl easily passes as younger version of Jyn.
Director doesn't look like he ages as the ranks go up.

Pablo said Krennic is supposed to be older than Kenobi.

Bingo. I was completely psyched about this movie...until now. The tone of the thing has changed. Before it seemed like Jynn was all attitude and badassery -- even to the leadership of the Rebellion -- and now she's spouting new age inspirational dreck like "We have HOPE. Rebellions are built on HOPE!".

I hope this isn't the result of the re-shoots they've been talking about. Bleeeeccccch.

Normally I don't buy into terms like 'bad assery'....

but in this case, I have to agree now that you brought it up.

The Hope line tonally is not only a MAJOR groaner (it's leading into ep 4, we get it disney!).......but it almost makes her look down right, is dainty the right word?, compared to the other trailer.

Yes, because a bad ass can't come around to the spirit of something over the course of a movie...

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's not a closeup, but sure has that iconic Vader presence from the originals in that one shot. He looks kinda pissed at the speed of that walk!

The trailer was okay. I still like the Behind-The-Scenes video they treated us to last summer the best so far. But as for the shot of Vader hustling across the floor, I ain't diggin' that. That's not how Vader moves. A big part of Vader's epic badassness is how he moves in such a way to suggest he doesn't need to hurry.

Now THIS! THIS slowed down is the way Vader moves. This screams classic badass Darth Vader!

Oh well, it's just a trailer. Hopefully Vader will come across in the movie as the quintessential Darth Vader we all know so well from the OT.

The Wook

I think it looks entertaining. Just because Jyn has some vulnerability doesn't mean she will be a shrinking violet stereotype. Plus not all of the female characters in Star Wars have to be as feisty as Princess Leia. My take from the footage we've seen is that her connection to her father will be the emotional anchor to this movie.

I'm going to try and go into this with an open mind with the expectation to be entertained. Maybe it's because it's not part of the Saga episodes but I'm not as emotionally invested in this one. As long as it's fun and I like the characters I will be happy, though I have to be honest that seeing that shot of Vader walking out of the mist was pretty awesome!

I'm trying to remember... didn't the EU also have an inventor of either the death star or the super laser?

for some reason i want to say it was afemale scientist from the MAW.....but that's all i can remember at this point.

Qui Xux was a scientist at the Maw Installation who helped with weapons design without realizing the Empire was actually building the things she was helping invent (willful ignorance yay). The installation also saw some early test models constructed. The Geonosians did the actual general design work. Preliminary superlasers were being developed during the Clone Wars. In the EU, Bevel Lemelisk was the chief engineer of the Death Star construction, and took the blame for its Fatal Flaw™. Jyn's dad seems to be a key designer/engineer, but not the overall person-in-charge (or, perhaps, was and then was replaced by Lemelisk when his treachery was uncovered -- as hinted in the teaser).

I'm curious to see the Krennic/Tarkin/Motti dynamic. All three seem fairly proprietary toward the station...

--Jonah

The trailer was okay. I still like the Behind-The-Scenes video they treated us to last summer the best so far. But as for the shot of Vader hustling across the floor, I ain't diggin' that. That's not how Vader moves. A big part of Vader's epic badassness is how he moves in such a way to suggest he doesn't need to hurry.

It's less than a 2 second clip we get, but it seems to match up with Vader's pace here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i97Ta_m4tIo

Last edited by a moderator:
And here is a connection to "Rebels"!

Attachments

• 14642235_10211025019528439_3146503879234144972_n.jpg
    14642235_10211025019528439_3146503879234144972_n.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 14731329_10211025020288458_3503068972313053602_n.jpg
    14731329_10211025020288458_3503068972313053602_n.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 229
  • 14666099_10211025021168480_1595310568349837030_n.jpg
    14666099_10211025021168480_1595310568349837030_n.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 91
It's less than a 2 second clip we get, but it seems to match up with Vader's pace here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i97Ta_m4tIohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i97Ta_m4tIo

I don't want to dissect it too much, because as you say, it is less than 2 seconds in length. But to me, Vader in his "Bring my shuttle" shot does not look like it, in speed or movement or energy. Also, in the ESB scene Vader is walking briskly to get somewhere. He's pissed and he's walking briskly. But it appears to be a different scene in the R1 shot. At least from how it appears, he's facing off against Jyn's father. In situations like this, I don't envision Vader hustling across the floor to reach his adversary. That's not his style.

I'll have to reserve further judgement until I see the whole scene play out. But this brief glimpse of Vader looks false.

The Wook

I don't want to dissect it too much, because as you say, it is less than 2 seconds in length. But to me, Vader in his "Bring my shuttle" shot does not look like it, in speed or movement or energy. Also, in the ESB scene Vader is walking briskly to get somewhere. He's pissed and he's walking briskly. But it appears to be a different scene in the R1 shot. At least from how it appears, he's facing off against Jyn's father. In situations like this, I don't envision Vader hustling across the floor to reach his adversary. That's not his style.

I'll have to reserve further judgement until I see the whole scene play out. But this brief glimpse of Vader looks false.

The Wook

Although the next shot shows a wet looking Mads in the rain near the floor looking up at a human,...the shot of Vader walking briskly looks like he's approaching Ben Mendelson's character

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 23.24.13.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 23.28.43.png

J

Although the next shot shows a wet looking Mads in the rain near the floor looking up at a human,...the shot of Vader walking briskly looks like he's approaching Ben Mendelson's character

View attachment 672459

View attachment 672460

J

yes, it's Krennick Vader is wawalking towards, white cape and all. Galen is wet in that shot and there is another shot on a landing platform where it's raining and is is walking towards Krennick. Perhaps this is a point where Galen is in trouble with his handlers.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back