Rod to support CC X-wing & other questions

wakeboardjedi

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Can anyone who has done this answer a question for me?

Where and how did you put the support rod on your CC X-Wing? I'm asking about the one's who have put it on the bottom. I want to use a hollow rod so I can run my the main power wires in it.

Also, people with Hyperdyne boards where did you mount them and what did you use to isolate/combine the LED's and the fiber optics? There are so many LED's in the kit that it get really crowded in the hull.

I'm sure there will be more questions but those are the ones keeping me up at night right now.

Thanks,

Lee

One the real prop, the mount was hidden behind that large hatch under the cockpit (which was removable). You could drill and sand that area away, mount a camera mount inside, and replace the hatch with a removable version.

I'd make a mold of the hatch then make 2 hatches - one drilled for the pole one to use when not on the "stand". Make a mold of the bottom of the fuselage. Cast the "hatch area". Drill the hole int he right space. Sand off the rest of the hatch, rescribe any lost panels. Cast the hatch off of the mold you made. Scratch something to allow the hatch to press into the hole firmly but able to be removed without too much fuss. mold and cast that. Drill it so your pole can go through it. Attach the drilled hatch on to the pole. Its just a personal preference but I like to use "stereo jack connectors" for this kind of thing They are cheap wired for electric already, and fairly strong. I'm talking about the old style stereo jacks the ones that are about 1/4 in diameter at the plug with a plug handle thats probably about 1/2" in diameter epoxied into at steel pole is very strong
icon_smile.gif

Hope it all works out well!

Jedi Dade

I personally am going to use a 1/4 inch aluminum or brass tubing to run my power wiring. The hatch on the bottom will have a pilot hole drilled into it and then a 1/4 inch paddle bit will be used to make a countersink hole that the brass/alum tubing can sit flush against. Then I will expand the hole as necessary to accomodate the wiring.

JDH

Thanks for the help guys. I'm still not sure which way I'm going to go with mine.

JDH, I've been using your website as a reference, very informative.

Lee

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>Quote:<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>JDH, I've been using your website as a reference, very informative. </TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

Man I am gonna blush. Stay tuned I actually plan on updating it now that my Mercenary on Dark Age of Camelot hit level 50
icon_smile.gif

I got really burned out there for a while. The electronics where starting to make my life a living hell so I took a break from working on it. I am now getting the itch again and even ordered a new one from the new source
icon_smile.gif
If anything, I am glutton for punishment.

JDH

I hear you on the electronics. You have to map them out to the last light before you really do anything. They are a pain but on the other side it takes it from a really cool model to a kick a** model so they are well worth it.

I'm looking forward to the update. If it wasn't for your site I probably wouldn't have got this kit.

Thanks for everything.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back