Rod to support CC X-wing & other questions

Discussion in 'Studio Scale Models' started by wakeboardjedi, Aug 13, 2004.

1. wakeboardjedi

wakeboardjedi Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

2. Ivanhotep

Ivanhotep Well-Known Member

One the real prop, the mount was hidden behind that large hatch under the cockpit (which was removable). You could drill and sand that area away, mount a camera mount inside, and replace the hatch with a removable version.

3. Jedi Dade

Jedi Dade Sr Member

I'd make a mold of the hatch then make 2 hatches - one drilled for the pole one to use when not on the "stand". Make a mold of the bottom of the fuselage. Cast the "hatch area". Drill the hole int he right space. Sand off the rest of the hatch, rescribe any lost panels. Cast the hatch off of the mold you made. Scratch something to allow the hatch to press into the hole firmly but able to be removed without too much fuss. mold and cast that. Drill it so your pole can go through it. Attach the drilled hatch on to the pole. Its just a personal preference but I like to use "stereo jack connectors" for this kind of thing They are cheap wired for electric already, and fairly strong. I'm talking about the old style stereo jacks the ones that are about 1/4 in diameter at the plug with a plug handle thats probably about 1/2" in diameter epoxied into at steel pole is very strong [​IMG]

Hope it all works out well!

Jedi Dade

4. Lynn TXP 0369

Lynn TXP 0369 Sr Member

I'm building a non electronic version, I just drilled a 5/8" hole in the bottom and inserted a clear dowl to support mine.

Lynn

5. Watson

Watson Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

6. wakeboardjedi

7. Watson

Watson Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

8. wakeboardjedi

9. Treadwell

Treadwell Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

10. Watson