Robot Monster full scale : update 1-31

Re: Robot Monster full scale

This is awesome.. So professional looking!!!

What are the tubes and antennae made of??
The rear tubes are simply wood dowels, the lines from ears to tubes are water line, and the antennae base is pvc with a wooden dowel pressed into it. The silver antennae are retractable screw grabbers with magnetic tips (from Lowe's). They look just like the original TV antennae they used.

Re: Robot Monster full scale

I attached the fur this weekend, and overall, I really like it. It was tricky in some places however. I still need to finish and attach the chest and feet. The hands are just taped on to see how they will look.

DSC02810.JPG

DSC02811.JPG

DSC02813.JPG

DSC02814.JPG

Excellent work! I just watched this movie (well, the MST3K version... haha) last week. I always loved the look of the Robot Monster, and your version looks like what they may have done if they had a shred of a budget :cool

I always loved the poster as well, used to have it up next to my tv.
robot-monster-movie-poster-1020197239.jpg

Very cool! Looks great! I love seeing the retro stuff, even when the original subject matter doesn't look so good to modern eyes. Well, probably not to the original eyes, either.

I just watched this movie last night, and remembered this thread. Any progress? I'm going to make a custom figure of this guy!
I rebuilt his right arm, it just looked kind of funny after I attached it. The clay came in yesterday, so now I can sculpt his chest, then cast it. I've been busy and a little lazy while not busy lately. I will post new pic's after it gets done.
Thanks for looking.

Jeff

Excellent work! I just watched this movie (well, the MST3K version... haha) last week. I always loved the look of the Robot Monster, and your version looks like what they may have done if they had a shred of a budget :cool

I always loved the poster as well, used to have it up next to my tv.
robot-monster-movie-poster-1020197239.jpg
The poster is awesome. I wish they would have at least used a visible skull for the movie.

I know this thread is old-ish - But I was googling making one of these myself and I found the thread (again- as it seems I forgot I posted in it originally! ha) And was wondering if there was ever an update on this???

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back