Robocop: The Original for Pepakura **8/29 1st post update, foam glove**

Re: Robocop: The Original for Pepakura

now performing unfolding duty for foam template...

Thanks again Gaiatron!

I'll be adding this link and the paper pep links in the first post hopefully later today along with scaling information.

is this going to be made available as a paper pep file at all? i know it takes a lot longer to do that but i think i speak for a lot of people when i say i'd very much appreciate it!

I'll be releasing the paper pep file along with scaling information this afternoon in the first post. I would recommend waiting for this information (especially regarding scaling) before printing any templates out.

A big the thanks to Gaiatron for the unfold help!

Laellee, you´re great man!!!!! Now Robocop it´s in my list of directives ;)

Directive 1: Thank´s to Laellee
Directive 2: Pep Robocop
Directive 3: Kick some ass!!!!
Directive 4: (classified)

I'll be releasing the paper pep file along with scaling information this afternoon in the first post. I would recommend waiting for this information (especially regarding scaling) before printing any templates out.

A big the thanks to Gaiatron for the unfold help!

Hey, this came together waaaaay faster than I would have hoped possible! Another day or two (or three!) wait is *not* a problem.

And add me to that list of grateful people :)

I'm sure you have no shortage of project ideas, but with Age of Ultron coming out later this year, I would love to see someone do him justice. :D

This is one that i think i'll paper pep the blue armour parts, and consider my options for the other parts.

Re: Robocop: The Original for Pepakura **UPDATE V1 CHEST FINISHED**

Laellee, you´re great man!!!!! Now Robocop it´s in my list of directives ;)

Directive 1: Thank´s to Laellee
Directive 2: Pep Robocop
Directive 3: Kick some ass!!!!
Directive 4: (classified)

Thanks!

Hey, this came together waaaaay faster than I would have hoped possible! Another day or two (or three!) wait is *not* a problem.

And add me to that list of grateful people :)

The peps for chest, torso and cod have been put in the first post. Thank Gaiatron, who has been handling the foam template unfolding, for his quick work. I just sent him the torso, cod, and shoulder spacers to unfold for foam as well. I will update the first post with these links when they are available. Thanks for looking!

I know right? I originally guessed a couple of months for a proto 3d model, and that was on Christmas eve :lol Then again, I said that this was going to be a spare-time project, and I really don't want to know how many hours I really have put into this already :facepalm

I'm sure you have no shortage of project ideas, but with Age of Ultron coming out later this year, I would love to see someone do him justice. :D

Totally great idea!. With 4000 Iron Mans running around, I'd love to put together a suit that would do Ultron justice before the movie studios decide to do the evil bot up in an Avengers or Iron Man movie. BTW, Recalculating has worked perfect for me, thanks again for that.

This is one that i think i'll paper pep the blue armour parts, and consider my options for the other parts.

I agree, that was my initial plan, because the black sections would just work inherently better in a flexible material rather than fiberglass. I am going to toy around with some new materials when I build the elbow joint and knee liners. I'll share anything I find.

my sincerest thanks for this. your work here is fantastic!

im having to re place all the bits for A4 though :)

is it alright for a grown man to squeal with excitement? I don't care because this is awesome, good job and thanks!!!

Foam templates for the shoulder pads, torso and cod have been added to the first link. Thanks, G!

Re: Robocop: The Original for Pepakura **UPDATE V1 Chest, torso and cod posted**

I know what I'm going to be for Halloween this year! Hey, do I have to sign up for something to download the files, or am I clicking in the wrong place?

Re: Robocop: The Original for Pepakura **UPDATE V1 Chest, torso and cod posted**

I know what I'm going to be for Halloween this year! Hey, do I have to sign up for something to download the files, or am I clicking in the wrong place?

Links are on the first page of the thread, under each picture.

BTW, Recalculating has worked perfect for me, thanks again for that.

Glad to hear it! I cannot imagine what your work flow was like previously when you were doing it manually, haha.

Edgar Wright, the director for the Ant-Man movie, is also directing the stinger in Iron Man 3. My guess is they will setup Ultron in phase 2 and have him be a major villain in Avengers 3.

Sweet thanks so much for sharing thus far

Glad to hear it! I cannot imagine what your work flow was like previously when you were doing it manually, haha.

Edgar Wright, the director for the Ant-Man movie, is also directing the stinger in Iron Man 3. My guess is they will setup Ultron in phase 2 and have him be a major villain in Avengers 3.

Yep, just imagine a dork sitting WAY TO CLOSE to a computer screen for hours manually flipping faces on a big project (Robocop=40,000 faces) and that pretty much sums up my frustrations before... :)
I am really loving the Ultron idea now... I'll have to do more research.

Sweet thanks so much for sharing thus far

Well thanks, I hope these get some use :thumbsup

Helmet prototype for paper pep is up now. The default scale is 9.00, which hopefully works for a 24" head diameter. I also included an ear and back outlet plug pep if you'd rather add these details on your own.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back