Ripper Helmet from Tank Girl --post 74-PAINTED UP!

xdmray

EDIT: All the pics ended up getting moved so here's the finished pics.

IMG_1996.jpg

IMG_1995.jpg

IMG_1994.jpg

IMG_1988.jpg

IMG_1971.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Ripper Helmet from Tank Girl

Not really a fan of the movie, but I DO love the helmet design, Stan Winston Studios did a great job. Your sculpt looks great so far. :thumbsup

A couple more pics can be seen here if you scroll through the images: TANK GIRL<br>Ripper Helmet - $0.00 : Propmasters.net

And this looks like a prototype or production made piece that was sold on eBay at some point:

c3ebd01f-6d37-4006-9fca-01cc7fcbca96

There may be more pics in the Stan Winston Studios book - I'll have a check when i get back to the flat.

thank you Howlrunner! i did spot something weird under the ears on the pics i have and that latch looks about right.
hmmm now i have to find hardware for this.... ha

yep that link is from where i got my pics..

holy crap. is that a visor that slides up and down? and flaps to open the ears for better hearing? i'm going to have to rethink some of this.... damn.. i thought i was getting close to finishing. lol
thanks mate, i'd appreciate you taking a look in the book.

Daman

Love the movie too. I got a couple of screen used props and costumes from the movie but no Ripper helmet yet.

Good luck with the build!

I checked the book ("The Winston Effect"), and though it does have a 2 pages on the T-Ripper makeup designs, there's no pics of the helmets.

ahhh thanks for looking though. i appreciate it. :)

hmmm, i might bring some of the aspects from the photo you found into my sculpt. but will keep some of the others from the actual prop photos. not sure yet. having a moving visor would be pretty damn cool even though they didnt go that way.

I actually have three of the original helmets (two decorated and one plain) in my collection. Let me know if you want some measurements or pics.

I actually have three of the original helmets (two decorated and one plain) in my collection. Let me know if you want some measurements or pics.

Oh wow! i am PMing you right now. thanks, this will help out sooooo much.

:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

ok just got a few more pics. big thanks to mbmcfarland.

so he has two versions, a foam stunt and a resin hero. the stunt has an overall shape i like better, but the hero has cooler eyes. so i am going to do a little of both.
so i did a lot of tweaking, not sure how much of it will show. i still have a lot more to do. plus i think i will make this have a moving visor.

IMG_1678.jpg

IMG_1677.jpg

IMG_1679.jpg

IMG_1673.jpg

Coming along nicely. I loved this movie, but then again, my taste can be a bit eclectic.

thomas;)

Coming along nicely. I loved this movie, but then again, my taste can be a bit eclectic.

thomas;)

Nah, we've just been told it was a bad movie. It really wasn't! It really wasn't!!! :lol
Though I wish the director's cut would get released. The cut scenes were quite nice.

Oh yeah, and love the build!

This looks awesome!!!

Just an observation, cuz I know it's the kind of thing I'd miss, until it was too late... If that last shot is straight on, the ear on the right side of the photo flares out further than the left. It could just be a perspective issue of the photo and not the sculpt at all, but I thought it throw it out there, just in case.

r

This looks awesome!!!

Just an observation, cuz I know it's the kind of thing I'd miss, until it was too late... If that last shot is straight on, the ear on the right side of the photo flares out further than the left. It could just be a perspective issue of the photo and not the sculpt at all, but I thought it throw it out there, just in case.

r

yeah i know,..... that stares at me every time im looking at it.... haha.
it's something i know i need to take care of, but it's gonna suck so im putting it off. both ears need a little work in that regard.

but thanks for pointing it out. i will take all crits. :thumbsup

Awwwwe... Now I feel bad. You were probably telling yourself, "its ok, nobody's gonna notice..." and here I go, pointing it out like a jerk. It does look awesome, though!

hehe. im actually making myself be more critical. i usually just say "ahh it's good enough."

i can't get better, if i don't try to be better. :)

so worked on this a bit more. sculpting symmetry sucks, in general.
my symmetry is getting better....

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

IMG_1688.jpg

Still looks awesome! If you're still having trouble working it out, it may not even be the ears... Look at the bottom corners of the jawline, just below the 'earlobe,' if you will. It appears to be the slightest bit wonky. That may be causing the illusion of the ears being off. Maybe not?

Also, I'm a painter/printmaker, I have trouble with symmetry or proportion in TWO dimensions, much less, THREE. I have always had luck with looking at my work in a mirror, it amplifies those inconsistencies by taking what you are used to seeing and off, and making it that much off in the other direction, making it twice as noticeable to you... Does that make since?

Looks great, Daman! I love the rippers. Sometimes when I am in a good mood, the "ripper dance" song just pops into my head for no reason and makes me smile...

I'll get you the other pics you requested later today.

Looks really good. I remember this mask coming up for sale and the lines on it were so eye catching. It really is amazing. It's looks like it just came off of Jamie Howlett's art from the comic book. nicely done!

Still looks awesome! If you're still having trouble working it out, it may not even be the ears... Look at the bottom corners of the jawline, just below the 'earlobe,' if you will. It appears to be the slightest bit wonky. That may be causing the illusion of the ears being off. Maybe not?

Also, I'm a painter/printmaker, I have trouble with symmetry or proportion in TWO dimensions, much less, THREE. I have always had luck with looking at my work in a mirror, it amplifies those inconsistencies by taking what you are used to seeing and off, and making it that much off in the other direction, making it twice as noticeable to you... Does that make since?

well it def is the ears. the left one (pictures right) flares out too much. i have scraped some of it away. but the jawline is probably off too.
i have heard of the mirror technique ill have to try it. thanks for all the crits.

gonna work on this some more tomorrow.

Looks great, Daman! I love the rippers. Sometimes when I am in a good mood, the "ripper dance" song just pops into my head for no reason and makes me smile...

I'll get you the other pics you requested later today.

thanks mike, you are helping me out immensely with the pics. i like the dirrection i have taken it since the the first round of pics you sent me.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back