Limited Run Rick Deckard Blade Runner 1982 Trench Coat By ELS

You are right johncarbon, Ribbing slightly thick due to used thick elastic inside collar.
That I won't use in my new sample, you can count it as updated mock-up.
Great job, Jameel. It's coming along nicely. Agree with you and johncarbon1991 that there's a greater density of ribbing on the collar. It might be worth literally counting the ribs in various hi-res photos to get a good read on just how many.

1652025785472.png

Thank you Mechanismo.
I'm doing 1cm wide stitching, and it's perfect size of decoration stitching, that decoration stitching goes slightly narrow when insert elastic inside with foam.
I feel, Deckard coat hasn't ribbing feature as we are trying, it's looking thick foam only.

I saw this the other day and did a double take hahaha.

1652183644153.png

"The Wrath of Kahn" and "Blade Runner" were actually released within a month of each other although the latter started filming 8 months earlier. Different costume designers but same wavelength with the collar design. Interesting!

Hello everyone,
The final sample being made, few images.
I have fixed front armhole shape and sleeve tabs, take a look at them.
The coat length is 50".
IMG_20220511_185342_113.jpg
IMG_20220511_185349_412.jpg
IMG_20220511_185438_589.jpg
IMG_20220511_185458_416.jpg

Hi again,
I found this wool blended fabric for Deckard coat, it has good weight, shine and it's falling down great.
please advise!
IMG_20220511_191854_917.jpg

Has the proper color for this coat been established, or is it another case of screen color vs prop color? As for the fabric, I think it should be cotton. The magnoli one is described as cotton twill, and this thread seems to confirm that fabric choice:

Are there other cotton options available for the fabric? I think cotton is going to be a necessity as wool is inaccurate. The edges of your collar also seem slightly too thick to me, at least compared to Deckard's collar in those same screenshots. To be clear, I'm referring to the outer edge of the collar, the line that runs along the top of the ribbing. It looks like it should be narrower, at least to me.

Hi again,
I found this wool blended fabric for Deckard coat, it has good weight, shine and it's falling down great.
please advise!
View attachment 1574314

Could you take a few photos in different lighting conditions to give a better idea of the color? And maybe a close-up to show the texture/weave?

The edges of your collar also seem slightly too thick to me, at least compared to Deckard's collar in those same screenshots. To be clear, I'm referring to the outer edge of the collar, the line that runs along the top of the ribbing. It looks like it should be narrower, at least to me.

I think I agree with this. The "border" that runs around the outer edge of the collar does seem a bit wider than the reference photos.

Has the proper color for this coat been established, or is it another case of screen color vs prop color? As for the fabric, I think it should be cotton. The magnoli one is described as cotton twill, and this thread seems to confirm that fabric choice:

Are there other cotton options available for the fabric? I think cotton is going to be a necessity as wool is inaccurate. The edges of your collar also seem slightly too thick to me, at least compared to Deckard's collar in those same screenshots. To be clear, I'm referring to the outer edge of the collar, the line that runs along the top of the ribbing. It looks like it should be narrower, at least to me.
IMO, this rust color is looking great.
But if you people ask Tan brown (as shown in other movie image) color so I'll look into that.
The fabric is important for every clothes, cotton twill isn't best option for this coat due to thickness, neither Egyptian cotton due to thin fabric..

IMO, this rust color is looking great.
But if you people ask Tan brown (as shown in other movie image) color so I'll look into that.
The fabric is important for every clothes, cotton twill isn't best option for this coat due to thickness, neither Egyptian cotton due to thin fabric..
That may be true, but the concern here is accuracy. Without the coat being cotton, it won't crumple and wear properly. Early versions of the abbyshot used wool, and they later corrected this in their v2. Same with magnoli. It would seem silly to me to go through all this effort for accuracy, only to end up with fabric in the incorrect weight. Same for the color. Just my opinion.

I still think the collar border needs to be adjusted in the final version. Additionally, can we see some photos of someone wearing the mockup, preferably collar up and down and with a blazer underneath?

Here are few images, I tried to make collar ribbing design on this wool blended fabric that looks so close to the original coat.

IMG_20220512_195633_906.jpg
IMG_20220512_195559_815.jpg

Could you take a few photos in different lighting conditions to give a better idea of the color? And maybe a close-up to show the texture/weave?

I think I agree with this. The "border" that runs around the outer edge of the collar does seem a bit wider than the reference photos.
I'll take new images outside and then share with you guys.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back