Limited Run Rey Goggles (Made to Order) from The Force Awakens

Hi Kristen thanks for doing a Run 6 I know you have made 8 members super happy and maybe a few more depressed :facepalm when they see they missed out... thanks again :D

Hello Kristen,

In response to your earlier post I am still definitely interested in a pair of goggles on run 6 so please cement me into a spot if that's OK.

Thanks heaps

Cheers

front page updated to include you all!

Run #6 is full, and Run#7 is nearly full. I'm goign to again hold at seven runs until I get caught up.

As it sits just now I have four spots left on run #7, and still some of you to hear from.

Kristen, is it possible to do smaller stitches with this material? The comparison pic you posted is so impressive; that's the one thing that really jumps out!

hmmmm.. I'd have to hand punch them. I had been using the quad leather punch tool I got from tandy. but I could punch them one at a time to space them closer.

Sounds like it might be a lot more work - if you'd like to offer hand-punched smaller stitches as an optional upgrade, I'm sure lots of us would be willing to pay for the additional labor!

The clip color is a good call. Looks like they could be mounted straighter too, more perpendicular to their rear base?

Hope this doesn't read too critically! They're already so impressive, and it seems they're constantly getting better.

received_10204161751204076.jpeg

here's a different shot where you can see they aren't quite as straight.

this has to do with the tension of the shock cord. because the stitch points are so far back on the clips, when the shock cord is stretched taught it tips the front of the clips up like this. I can actually easily move them back with my hand.

I may try a dab of CA glue under the tips once they are stitched on.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back