Limited Run Rey Goggles (Made to Order) from The Force Awakens

Front page updated!

I had to bump someone to the end of run #5 because I haven't had a response or payment from them. So I have bumped each of you ahead one space!

the Top person on Run#4 has now become the Bottom on Run #3, and so on. So this way you all will get your goggles sooner, and the non-responder will still have a shot at getting goggles if they still want them. If I have not heard from them in any capacity by the time Run #4 is complete, I will drop them from all lists, and will add the first person on in that tail end slot who asked to be added after i shut down run #5.

I still have a backlog of about six people who wanted to be added when I'd said I wasn't going past a fifth run...but we will see. I am pretty excited about these brand new goggles...so i may well add a sixth run in the future.

I'd just like to take a second to thank each and every one of you for believing in me...for supporting me, and for being so patient and so loyal to me as I've gone through my artistic growing pains. :thumbsup
So I still might get on a run?

yes... I've been keeping track of those of you who approached me after the runs were locked so that you can all be first for another run if I do it. :)

I am sure those interested are happy to wait and are supportive of you and the great work you have been doing and the time it takes to build such awesome goggles, congrats well done :)

Here's a look at the new V2.0 lights all wired up:

20160629_211626.jpg
20160629_211715.jpg

The Rey Army is marching on!

google army.jpg

Run #3 is almost complete. With the lights all wired and the clips and shock cord installed, now it's on to final weathering and final installation of the electronics.

I'll be out today looking for new mounting screws to attach the helping hand to the goggles. I had been using a nylon wall anchor...but in my opinion that sticks out too far from the goggles. So I'm going to find a machine screw to do the job instead. Menard's, here I come!

It's not going to be long now, folks! I hope to have these ready to ship by Monday. :)

Kristen, this run is really impressive. The product itself, the improvements you've been able to make along the way, the communication, the sheer quantity of output on what's really a pretty tight schedule. This kind of run doesn't happen often in this hobby! You gotta be proud of your efforts here. Looking forward to run #4...

Thank you!

I am wrapping up Run #3 today it looks like! I managed to get everything I needed at the store today, so lights are installed and mounted to goggles.

Next I'll be doing final weathering, and these are ready to go.

Look for some finished pics before I box them up....just to tease you all a bit before they arrive. :)

K.

I guess no one wants to switch their spot for my already-made goggles, so if you end up doing more runs, please add me to the list!

Awww....! :-(

I feel bad now. I hadn't intended an upgrade or redesign to make those of you who have already bought them feel slighted. I'd only wanted to improve my work.... I'm sorry, Galacticat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel bad now. I hadn't intended an upgrade or redesign to make those of you who have already bought them feel slighted. I'd only wanted to improve my work.... I'm sorry, @Galacticat.

I mean, it's a bummer, but I totally understand! Things get more refined and improved upon as they're worked on over and over - that's just how it works. No hard feelings or anything. :) I'm just a perfectionist myself and want as accurate as I can get, so I'm willing to wait on another pair if you do more runs.

Okie... so all kinds of update shennanigans!

1. Run #3 shipped out today! YAAAAAAYY!!!!!!

13570379_10209342620098823_609974142_o.jpg

All of you on run #3 should have your tracking info in your inbox. I sent these Priority, so you should receive them in 1-3 days (don't forget it's a Holiday weekend, so it may take an extra day)

2. @TheLadyNerd gave me a cool idea, so I thought I'd run with it:

13575554_10209345277285251_1644818754_o.jpg

I made fancy Brand Tags for my goggles! Now when you all receive your goggles, they will seem officially official.

3. With my new build I have added a functioning light, and I wanted to show you all how the battery box works so that when it's time to replace the button cell you will know how to do it:

13549178_10209342618898793_1790794332_o.jpg13555615_10209342619018796_1398438502_o.jpg13555673_10209342618818791_257429117_o.jpg

4. I've decided to add another run.

I've gone back through the thread, and through emails from those of you who asked to be added after I'd locked down the first five runs, and here is a list of everyone I have down as interested in a pair:

@Millennial Ren
@postmanpat
@DarkJerre
@SithSim
@theoddpassenger
@jackwabbit
@propcollector
@comatose

@TK5523
@Timbuktu
@Cameron

These are in no particular order. Since each run is done concordantly, someone's "spot" in the run is sort of a non-issue.

NOW... everyone listed above please chime in and let me know if you're still in for a pair. The order in which you reply here on the thread will be used to determine your order on the upcoming run(s).

This new list(s) will go into effect after run#5 is complete.

5. Without sounding too prideful, these are as close as i have ever come to screen accurate. Here's a side-by-side with one of the production used pairs:

13508928_10209338597918271_2036667937394157028_n.jpg

Not 100%.... but pretty bloody close!

Last edited:
I would like to be added to the list that starts after all the initial runs are over (I guess it would be run 6?). Im liking the changes and figure I cant have enough Rey googles. Also looking at building a metal flashlight so it will give me time to see if I can make that work. (and a stand)

They look great and I am extremely happy with my pair from the initial run.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back