Revell release schedule

528EF4C4-FAEC-43F1-8B65-BC1421BCA943.png
CC814A75-240C-4B80-8C46-02CA3E51D1A5.jpeg
DB7E9FF6-F5CC-4C73-8560-C2C57D975DA6.jpeg
89EB1262-692B-416A-98F1-677A2D6AB042.jpeg

Not sure if I can upload iPhone video, but this is the Revell airbrushed in Mr Color chrome, different panels are Mr Color Aluminium, some Archive X lark dark also

This is me experimenting, not really used to doing metallics

John

View attachment 1529771View attachment 1529772View attachment 1529773View attachment 1529774
View attachment 1529770

Not sure if I can upload iPhone video, but this is the Revell airbrushed in Mr Color chrome, different panels are Mr Color Aluminium, some Archive X lark dark also

This is me experimenting, not really used to doing metallics

John
Vid not working on my phone, but that doesn't necessarily mean it won't work on others.
Looks good. Did the pebbled texture cause you any problems?

Vid not working on my phone, but that doesn't necessarily mean it won't work on others.
Looks good. Did the pebbled texture cause you any problems?
No, absolutely not, had to fill in a couple of sink marks though…one right in the middle of its ‘face’ above where the two red lights are, one on each side above the guns, & two on the upper top piece near the front of the wings,….you’d never notice them on a dull SW model, but on a metallic ship, it catches your eye

John

I've never used Mr. Color chrome. Did you do any buffing on the finish, John, or is that the sheen straight out of the bottle? Glad to hear the texture wasn't an issue for you.

I've never used Mr. Color chrome. Did you do any buffing on the finish, John, or is that the sheen straight out of the bottle? Glad to hear the texture wasn't an issue for you.
The Mr Color sprays out quite matt I just left it for 10 minutes or so & buffed it up with a paper towel, then I sprayed other panels with the aluminium shade which is a wee bit darker & buffed that up

I also used Archive X dark lark misted on, then put tape over it & pulled it off removing some of the paint, giving it an oxidised look….if it doesn’t look that great, just buff it with the paper towel again & the AX will fade away

John

Interesting stuff. Based on some of the reference photos of the ILM ship, the texture actually may help give the hull that pitted metal look. I'm glad to see all you pioneers testing out these various paints and methods for the rest of us to steal!

Interesting stuff. Based on some of the reference photos of the ILM ship, the texture actually may help give the hull that pitted metal look. I'm glad to see all you pioneers testing out these various paints and methods for the rest of us to steal!

I'm astounded the apologetics people will make for subpar model kits, especially ones made in the CAD/computer age.

I'm astounded the apologetics people will make for subpar model kits, especially ones made in the CAD/computer age.

What do you want from me, man? Want me to declare it subpar? Fine. It's subpar.

Look, I don't know what the R2 kit is going to be. Maybe it will be a way better kit. Maybe it will have a smoother finish but will be lacking in other areas. I just don't know. I may end up deciding the Revell is the superior kit for me and, if so, jump through some hoops to get one sent to me here in the U.S. If that's the case, I'll need to make the texture work for me. Jaitea says it's not a big deal. John Simmons looks like he's getting good results. They're both WAY better modelers than me, but if they can make it work then there's hope I can follow in their large footsteps. I just want a kit that will look like the on-screen version. That's it. No apologies. I'm not dinging anyone who is unhappy or who thinks the texture is a hate crime of some kind. I really don't care. For me, it seems like it's either going to be a non-issue or perhaps even an asset. That's it. There's no other agenda.

What do you want from me, man? Want me to declare it subpar? Fine. It's subpar.

Look, I don't know what the R2 kit is going to be. Maybe it will be a way better kit. Maybe it will have a smoother finish but will be lacking in other areas. I just don't know. I may end up deciding the Revell is the superior kit for me and, if so, jump through some hoops to get one sent to me here in the U.S. If that's the case, I'll need to make the texture work for me. Jaitea says it's not a big deal. John Simmons looks like he's getting good results. They're both WAY better modelers than me, but if they can make it work then there's hope I can follow in their large footsteps. I just want a kit that will look like the on-screen version. That's it. No apologies. I'm not dinging anyone who is unhappy or who thinks the texture is a hate crime of some kind. I really don't care. For me, it seems like it's either going to be a non-issue or perhaps even an asset. That's it. There's no other agenda.

John mentioned it was an issue, though he wasn't as troubled by it as me. And indeed his metal paint shows it is an issue.

I also hope the Round 2 one is awesome.

John mentioned it was an issue, though he wasn't as troubled by it as me. And indeed his metal paint shows it is an issue.

I also hope the Round 2 one is awesome.

I consider most of the people on RPF to be my modelmaking hommies. I don't get why you're slamming this "apologist" stuff on me. At worst, I'm trying to determine if I'll be able to turn lemons into lemonade. Let's move on.

I consider most of the people on RPF to be my modelmaking hommies. I don't get why you're slamming this "apologist" stuff on me. At worst, I'm trying to determine if I'll be able to turn lemons into lemonade. Let's move on.

I apologize that you were irritated by it, I just want to not let these companies get away with putting only half-effort into what is supposed to be a fan favorite kit. If the market demands high quality items or not getting the sale, then we will get high quality items.

The plastic texture alone is to make the Revell Razor Crest a non starter for me.

I just see these same type of allowances for Airfix's horrible kits, Kitty Hawk, others.

I never heard anything about the R2 RC having an interior. Perhaps this is why we haven't heard much about the R2 version lately. It could be a delay to incorporate an interior to compete with Revell.

TazMan2000

I never heard anything about the R2 RC having an interior. Perhaps this is why we haven't heard much about the R2 version lately. It could be a delay to incorporate an interior to compete with Revell.

TazMan2000
I know it has a full cockpit, but I don't know beyond that.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back