Revell release schedule

At least Revell was cheap until a few years ago so I didn't mind the quality. I've been buying Revell models all my life for quick projects. Also, working on them to turn them into a decent model was a lot of fun.

But now? Their Y-Wing snap kit is the same price as Bandai's Y-Wing because it comes with some "paints" (if that lumpy paste can be called paint). Same scale. And then the Razor Crest and the N1 are almost the same price but those are much better models, and way bigger.

Princing in Revell makes zero sense to me atm.

PS. I'm talking European market.

From Revell's facebook page:

410151895_713365890890422_4365656674019553345_n.jpg

410191147_713365887557089_1014458242730633034_n.jpg

410191141_713365920890419_3356905146042948812_n.jpg

410187917_713365924223752_7546644085678626448_n.jpg

410874785_713365927557085_4006222740464311134_n.jpg

Yeah that's gonna be a no for me.

PS. March 2024.

Last edited:
Honestly? Looks way better than the AMT kit we all struggled with for decades. The trooper looks pretty good -- though I'm sure those who know every nook and cranny of the scout trooper design could point out inaccuracies.

Honestly? Looks way better than the AMT kit we all struggled with for decades. The trooper looks pretty good -- though I'm sure those who know every nook and cranny of the scout trooper design could point out inaccuracies.

The body is fine, but the engine seems lacking detail and accuracy. Not a deal breaker though.

TazMan2000

Nice feature, but I wouldn't trust those tabs to stand up to any kind of use before shearing off. Best to replace them with Regular plastic, or brass if possible.

The body is fine, but the engine seems lacking detail and accuracy. Not a deal breaker though.

TazMan2000
Yeah, nothing some sheet styrene, stretched sprue and a bit of patience couldn't remedy.

The AMT kit was pretty good for the 80s, but I don't see why we should compare this one to the AMT. It is better, but they are 40 years apart so it is expected to be better.

This one's gonna be released in 2024 and judging by 2024 standards... That is, comparing it with other modern kits... The Bandai kit, even if it's difficult or impossible to find right now. And other modern kits from the same Revell: the Razor Crest and the N1, both way bigger, more detailed and accurate than this one, and slightly cheaper! idk...

Talking about price. Bandai's speeder bike (same scale) retailed at around €45-€50 when it was still available, being a far superior model. This one, at €70, is more expensive than the Razor Crest and the N1 (a 1:24 scale behemoth) from the same manufacturer, and it lacks every bit of detail and texture in the clothes, the straps and armor plates don't even have sharp edges, not to mention the bag, completely square and inanimated. Physics don't apply to the bag. And then the pose of the trooper is kinda relaxed, making little sense to me in a model like this. The shoulder armor plate looks a little tight. Pouches have no detail, they look like a square blob of putty.

For reference, here's the Bandai kit. Look at the clothes. The armor plates. The hands. The boots. The pose. There is literally not one thing that Revell does better. The only downside to it was the articulations but that's an easy fix. Sadly it's not available anymore but it still pops up in second hand apps for a reasonable price, just like the AMT does. Of course there's the usual idiot asking for €300 for any of them, but that doesn't mean they're selling at that price. Like the MPC millennium falcon always listed for anything between €40 and €300, but we all know it's not worth more than €100 - if you really want it!

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 10-02-55 Bandai Star Wars Scout Trooper with Speeder Bike 1 12 Model ...png

I said it before. I don't understand Revell's new pricing criteria. The Tydirium is a horrible kit from the early 2000s and it retails at the same price as the Razor Crest (new kit, more detailed, more accurate, bigger etc). If this speeder bike was €35-€40 like Revell use to be till last year, I'd consider buying it and improving the figure myself. That's always been the beauty of Revell for me: "lowcost challenges". But if it's not lowcost whatsoever, and it's still a challenge because of the lower quality... well, that's a no for me. For €70 SRP I'd rather scan second hand apps daily till I find the Bandai, or maybe I'd modify a second hand Hasbro Black Series that I could get for €20 or €30 and give myself that lowcost challenge. But if you want to sell me the most expensive model, I'm obviously gonna want to see the best model possible for that price. And recent history (Bandai and recent releases by Revell) shows this one's not worth the money, in my opinion.

Now, say you can't find the Bandai and you really want the speeder bike. Fine, buy it by all means. But I guess you're not buying it because it is THAT good, but simply because Bandai's isn't available.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back