Restoring the X-Wing Pyro master patterns and the Hero "repattern"

Wonderful paint and weathering and very nice studio beauty photos of the model! Excellent work Jason!

Dan

Wow, super stunning pics! And what a fascinating project to follow.

Thank you so much for sharing here and on your channel. Well done Jason & team!

Wonderfull project!!!
great results!!
I do hope a most accurate x-wing kit will be in the making and soon to be released to the interested as a kit.
At very the moment i am hacking up my build up captain cardboard x-wing in an attempt to make it look more x-wing to my eyes and to install a Mike reader armature.
It is a great model as is but after looking at it for a couple of years the shapes/lines started to annoy me,..it doesn't look like a x-wing at all : ) : ),..sort off x-wingish.

1/12th x-wing part 9

It's been a while! Work and life being what they are - but I've busy behind the scenes. Here is an update on the lighting systems we've been designing. Enjoy.

X-Wing_LED-EngineTest_03.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe I am wrong but I was under the impression Steve had them or was in the process of getting them to produce again. Again I guess I could have heard wrong. Otherwise the Nexus Xwing is a wonderful kit and the casting is the best there is for a Xwing

Maybe I am wrong but I was under the impression Steve had them or was in the process of getting them to produce again. Again I guess I could have heard wrong. Otherwise the Nexus Xwing is a wonderful kit and the casting is the best there is for a Xwing
Is the Nexus Xwing still available? I just need a studio scale kit for measurement and research purposes because Im designing my own in CAD but for some reason their so difficult to come across. You'd think with the demand there is, there would be sellers left and right selling these things making bank.

Is the Nexus Xwing still available? I just need a studio scale kit for measurement and research purposes because Im designing my own in CAD but for some reason their so difficult to come across. You'd think with the demand there is, there would be sellers left and right selling these things making bank.
Scarcity because few make really exceptional pieces as accurate as the V5 or the 2020 (which is not even an option). The amount of research that has gone into perfecting the shapes and sizes is so incredibly impressive. Until I held the originals and the more accurate incarnations of these xwings in my hands I didnt realized how little I really knew about what I had seen on screen.

Scarcity because few make really exceptional pieces as accurate as the V5 or the 2020 (which is not even an option). The amount of research that has gone into perfecting the shapes and sizes is so incredibly impressive. Until I held the originals and the more accurate incarnations of these xwings in my hands I didnt realized how little I really knew about what I had seen on screen.
Yeah I can imagine!
It's a shame Im over 10 years late on being able to acquire a model now.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back