Restoring the X-Wing Pyro master patterns and the Hero "repattern"

Adding a little extra stuff that isn't accurate and will surely cause hand wringing :)

Attachments

• 6E63C539-41A6-4B75-8373-B3E4F3FDF442.jpg
    6E63C539-41A6-4B75-8373-B3E4F3FDF442.jpg
    1,010.4 KB · Views: 415
  • EF8CC15E-A9C4-4943-BCBB-53F609108881.jpg
    EF8CC15E-A9C4-4943-BCBB-53F609108881.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 408
Hi Moffeaton....... great thread!
Quick question, what is the "Hero" version and what is the other version you're referring to?
My guess is the original Ep IV ANH X wing versus Ep V version as I've noticed different cockpit panel layout in my research that I never noticed when seeing the films at the time or later on.
Sorry, I'm sure it's a lame question but any explanation is appreciated. Would anyone happen to know of a thread where this is all explained?
Thanks very much!
Jim.

The devil is in the details, and those extra details are devilish!!! Amazing work!

They really do add much depth to the 1/24 model, and will absolutely make the larger one come alive!!!!
Can’t wait for more updates.

Hi Moffeaton....... great thread!
Quick question, what is the "Hero" version and what is the other version you're referring to?
My guess is the original Ep IV ANH X wing versus Ep V version as I've noticed different cockpit panel layout in my research that I never noticed when seeing the films at the time or later on.
Sorry, I'm sure it's a lame question but any explanation is appreciated. Would anyone happen to know of a thread where this is all explained?
Thanks very much!
Jim.

An original pyro fuselage was scanned and scaled up to match the built-but-never-used 4-foot model.

This should help:

With all the details and additions being made, it's not a match to a studio model, but it is a very nice *big* X-wing. If I was building an x-wing at this scale I would do the exact same thing. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back