Restoring the X-Wing Pyro master patterns and the Hero "repattern"

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey gang,
I am currently restoring the X-Wing Pyro master patterns and printing the studio scale X in Hero dimensions, expertly brought to life with massive help from Maruska and Andre!

The Hero X has the correct wall thicknesses - the lower hull tapers down to VERY thin as they were vacformed styrene. Buttplate extends high up and preserves the extra detailing hiding under that angled top deck.
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 8.46.24 PM.png

Cockpit is a port of the ANH 1:1 cockpit - a first!
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 8.46.08 PM.png

This was just a test print to make sure everything locks in correctly.
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 8.45.58 PM.png

Coming along! This is all in the name of making it in 1/12th and look correct to the eye, at that much larger scale! I'm aiming for that fat hotrod on my first Lunchbox ;)
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 8.45.49 PM.png

Now we get to ILM relics from '76. Tan color is my Hero top shell, the green/grey is the pyro master. The pyro master was a Hero top shell and vacformed lower, essentially making it a hero - but was cut in half vertically, so you lose the blade kerf, and the nose was mounted a little farther back than the heroes.
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 8.45.38 PM.png

You can see where panel lines were deepened on the Pyro master.
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 8.45.31 PM.png

Definite confirmation of a hero top shell in use.
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 8.45.21 PM.png

For grins, here's the pyro half next to a hero repattern side shell (we abandoned that approach) so you can see how the hero nose is slightly farther forward.
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 8.45.13 PM.png

Absolute confirmation that the 1/15th Hummel donated itself to the side mount covers. Comparing it to my 1st gen ILM pyro casting.
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 8.45.02 PM.png

Everything matches up PERFECTLY.
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 8.44.49 PM.png

And it's back together now! Working on the display, and then it's back to the owner :)

Hope this was useful/helpful! And to answer the question you are about to type - no there are no kits, no castings, mo molds. Sorry, gang. Personal project and I don't sell kits.
Screen Shot 2020-01-17 at 8.44.19 PM.png

God I can’t wait to get Form. By the time I buy a 3 they’ll be on 5. That said, seeing your prints always sends me shopping for a 2. Nice models.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back