Resistance Crait Macrobinoculars / Neuro-Saav ND.621 Rangefinder (TLJ VD)

I have the directors series, I removed all the internal guts to install the swivel clip mounts

Trent walked me through it, and I followed his instructions exact. This way you can put it back together and the camera keeps its bulky wait

46367110-6FB1-4663-AAEF-BF09AA49FA76.jpeg

You have to remove all the guts to install the other part of the swivel mount because this one is held in with a nut. I cut the bolt short to fit all the camera guts back in
780C2F34-7E3A-4C2F-8D54-B7D23E13FE3B.jpeg

Btw Trent can you waste your time explaining how to do this in full detail with pics and step by step instructions so I can take the short cut and just break it off anyway?

Btw Trent can you waste your time explaining how to do this in full detail with pics and step by step instructions so I can take the short cut and just break it off anyway?

LOL yes! I do it all the time!

OH BTW yes I did put all the internals back to give it some weight.

Last edited:
Dang, really nice job modeling and printing all those parts, Trent!

What printer are you using? Form 2?

I also like your faux bare metal paint job on the viewer hood and other parts, do you use any special paints or techniques to get that lovely worn/dirty yet shiny-in-places finish?

One thing I see that I'm not sure about is the pill shaped detail on top of the viewer. In some screen caps it looks like it's not parallel with the edge of the viewer. Do you see that? Looks slightly skewed or rotated to me. And wow, the trapezoid detail is ridiculously close! Crazy good.

Anyway, again, VERY nice work!!

Dang, really nice job modeling and printing all those parts, Trent!

What printer are you using? Form 2?

I also like your faux bare metal paint job on the viewer hood and other parts, do you use any special paints or techniques to get that lovely worn/dirty yet shiny-in-places finish?

One thing I see that I'm not sure about is the pill shaped detail on top of the viewer. In some screen caps it looks like it's not parallel with the edge of the viewer. Do you see that? Looks slightly skewed or rotated to me. And wow, the trapezoid detail is ridiculously close! Crazy good.

Anyway, again, VERY nice work!!

Are you talking about this piece? Not sure I see what you mean, are you sure it's not just perspective? Show me what screen caps you're talking about.
Screen Shot 11-18-18 at 04.13 PM.PNG

Yep, that's the part, and that's the screen grab I was referring to!

See how the greeblie isn't parallel with the edge of the viewer?

It could very well just be the angle the picture was taken. Perspective distortion, perhaps.

Maybe I kinda see it. not sure That area of the viewer has a wonky edge anyway. It's not straight so that could be throwing it off. Look at the bottom of it compared to the bottom edge. It looks much more in line. And also note that the whole thing is angled from the camera so parallel lines would appear farther apart as they get closer to the lens. I'm thinking i's mostly just perspective.

Very nice. Did you make the metal greeblies yourself or are any found parts?
No found parts, I saw Trent making his own parts and thought: making them yourself is faster then waiting for the greeblies to appear.
The bottom-dial with the ribs is from a movie-camera and transformed a little.

Look Good. I have a couple of sets of TT's which are great. Let me know if you decide to put any up in the JY. You can never have too many...

Very cool. Great job on those models. I wish my printer was big enough to run a set for you.
I could do them on my PLA printer but not on the nice one.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back