Resistance Crait Macrobinoculars / Neuro-Saav ND.621 Rangefinder (TLJ VD)

Screenshot_20201001-073551.png

The swivel set used on this version is totally different from the one everyone is using. This one looks kinda diamond shaped.
Imo this shot also confirms that the grip is a leg strap from a Nemrod holster. When rubber is exposed to lots of seawater and sun it gets this weathered/faded look.

I guess I’ll go ahead and throw my build on the pile...

I completed this one, yesterday afternoon. Since I love the prop, but have no devotion to canon, when it comes to the Sequel Trilogy (as opposed to my slavish devotion to OT canon), I made some personal customizations to this one, specifically to the look of the “business end” containing the Tri-Lenses. I love the look of the “exposed mechanics” of some of the props and vehicles seen in the Galactic Civil War and decided to incorporate that look here (Alternatively, the history of this prop is that the front cover was removed for servicing and never reinstalled).

This was a really fun project to slap together.

FCF7A45B-0A32-412D-AD97-FF6A501E1641.jpeg
E858AED7-BF86-4E86-88C7-63227E46A04B.jpeg

Last edited:
I guess I’ll go ahead and throw my build on the pile...

I completed this one, yesterday afternoon. Since I love the prop, but have no devotion to canon, when it comes to the Sequel Trilogy (as opposed to my slavish devotion to OT canon), I made some personal customizations to this one, specifically to the look of the “business end” containing the Tri-Lenses. I love the look of the “exposed mechanics” of some of the props and vehicles seen in the Galactic Civil War and decided to incorporate that look here (Alternatively, the history of this prop is that the front cover was removed for servicing and never reinstalled).

This was a really fun project to slap together.

View attachment 1428616View attachment 1428617
Looks great! What did you use for the strap?

I’m bumping this thread to share, I recently managed to snag a sportster IV, I also got lucky and was eventually able to find a nimrod holster/strap. But before then I was looking for an alternative. I did find the German bicycle cargo strap mentioned above, but the postage to the UK was exorbitant. I did find these though.

they are: Stretchy Tennis badminton Racket Handles Rubber Ring Tennis Racquet Band badminton grip Tennis Racquet Band Overgrips.

they were £1.50 for 5, from a Chinese website. here is a picture for comparison

29564FE8-124B-4E7B-A158-8B167B8B517E.jpeg

they have an extra ridge so are not accurate, but they might do as a cheap alternative

Last edited:
Learned about this prop and looked on eBay. A single tri-lens was up for $30, so I snagged it. Now I'll go bother Trent for a greeblie kit.

Edit: Unfortunately Trent isn't currently producing the kits. Anyone know of another source for a similar kit?

Last edited:
Lots of great info in this thread, thanks. I am trying to make an Andor version, pretty similar but the small slidey button seems to be missing and there is an extra greeblie as in this screen cap. I am making new 3D printed greeblies since Trooper Trent is not supplying his any more.
extra greeblie.png

Lots of great info in this thread, thanks. I am trying to make an Andor version, pretty similar but the small slidey button seems to be missing and there is an extra greeblie as in this screen cap. I am making new 3D printed greeblies since Trooper Trent is not supplying his any more.
View attachment 1624474
Difficult to tell from the screenshot, To me that looks like they just moved the trapezium shape part from the right to the left. Maybe a little thinner or cut down, that could be distortion though

All the greebles on the TLJ version are there to cover up something, with the exception of the right hand nimrod strap, which mirrors the left side, that does cover up the tripod screw hole.

Let me check the screen caps on cap that for a better image

Edit: unfortunately it’s not in the screen caps, every image they have their hand over it, the trapezium piece is still on the right though.

There is some wierd distortion though as the square greeble at the front looks elongated/large, but in the screen caps it looks normal

Last edited:
Difficult to tell from the screenshot, To me that looks like they just moved the trapezium shape part from the right to the left. Maybe a little thinner or cut down, that could be distortion though

All the greebles on the TLJ version are there to cover up something, with the exception of the right hand nimrod strap, which mirrors the left side, that does cover up the tripod screw hole.

Let me check the screen caps on cap that for a better image

Edit: unfortunately it’s not in the screen caps, every image they have their hand over it, the trapezium piece is still on the right though.

There is some wierd distortion though as the square greeble at the front looks elongated/large, but in the screen caps it looks normal
Thanks. The image in this thread showing the new rear viewer hood shows the trapezium piece in the expected place. I’m surprised if the small button greeblie is missing because it covers a hole.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back