REF PICS OF THE AT-AT

Guy... very cool! Awesome work!
icon2.gif

Here is my ATATron kit almost done...
All the sides have been replaced with styrene and made more accuurate.
I didn't go all the way as Steve did with his AT-AT, but I have most of the real kits as the SS model did.
I misjudged on the front engines lenght and made it too long, but it still looks OK.

Is still have some more things to finish on it like the neck, finish the snow, and add the docking armor plates.
Thanks StevetheSwede for all the help and guidence to get me this far!
Thanks for the pic hosting Whackychimp!
Lynn

Just can't seem to find the fricking time to finish mine!
Here's a small update though.
icon_smile.gif

I have re-built most of the pannels on the head. all details plus the old view port have been shaved off and will be replaced. Please note that no detail work has been done yet.

head-prog-1.jpg

head-prog-2.jpg

I have also removed the "air intake". The one featured in the kit was to small for my taste so I'll scratch a new one.

head-prog-3.jpg

Here's a pic of the new view port. This was some tricky part to build! I had to make two cardboard mock up's before I got all the angles to look right. It's constructed from 10 individual styrene pieces cut into angles.

new-view-port-jpg.jpg

Well, I'm sloooooooooooowly starting to get the kit in the direction I want it! Will take some time though before I can post the same kick ass pics as Lynn just did.

Steve.

You're definitely barking mad Steve
icon_lol.gif

Fantastic work mate, your attention to detail is mind-boggling. Thanks for sharing.

BTW, once it's done, how do you plan to convince your insurance company of its real value?

Cheers,
Pontus

That looks great. How are you able to create such a seamless joint between two pieces of styrene that meet at an angle? Are you using a filler?

Again, terrific work!

stonky

Anybody knows which scale the original studioscale AT-ATs were ? I mean comparing to real humans. Is that about 1:30 or something ? Does anyone knows exactly ? Thx!

The scale question is a difficult one to answer because the actual size is under some debate. I think that most numbers put it at around 74 feet tall...

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/walkers.html#atat

If you assume that number is correct, I guess you can just take the measurements of the studio scale props and do the math.

A lot of Star Wars craft are hard to nail down for an exact scale measurement. For the purposes of composition they change size in comparison to other objects from shot to shot in the films. Even the craft built as full size set pieces can be inconsistent as the the exterior sets are often too small to accommodate the interior sets of the same vehicles.

So has anyone gotten any farther on their kit?? Steve? Lynn?? I still have a whole mess of commisioned work to get done before starting on mine but I'd love to see others' labors of love!!

Is anyone interested in my copy of the kit? (#20) I would rather not put it up on eBay, and thought somone here might want it. Please contact me by PM. I'm asking only what I have into it. It's complete, untouched in the box.
thanks,
Ken

I just have to step in here and say something....

Even though I've gone the MR route for a studio scale ATAT, I can't say enough about how "WOW'ed" I am with the work you guys are doing with these kits! Lynn, you're looks AWESOME, bud! Very cool! And Steve... where do I even begin!?! You have knocked my socks off with everything you've done and this has to be your best yet!

I admit that I am envious of the skills you guys have to build, customize and fabricate this stuff! Why you are ALL not working in the film industry is a mystery to me!
icon_wink.gif

*End "fan-boy" gushing*

B89!
icon_biggrin.gif

Doees anybody have any detailed shots of the belly of the AT-AT? The Area I'm looking is on the main body above the two Harrier engines. I know that there are two Saturn V parts, but what about the space between them. And ond the side of them.

All I have of that area is a pic of the MR AT-AT prototype. What I wouold really like is some of the original models.

Cheers
Staermose

have you got a further back view so i can judge the scale, is that a t-34 driver hatch above(from inside)

z

p.s. i'm thinking maybe an elephant/ferdinand engine deck sceen by the shape but dont know what kits were available at that time (iami?)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back