Reebok Alien Stompers (Ripley's sneakers from Aliens) re-release

for one, womens shoes are made different than men. Men's are usually wider. The main point is that it was worn by a woman in the movies yet marketed solely (no pun intended) for men.

Why are girls annoyed at them for being men shoes? I'm pretty sure they were unisex, as they were in the "classics" category, so... a size eur40 is a size eur40 for everybody x)

Yeah these companies clearly have NO idea who their target demographic is, they live in a world where only nerdys guys buy this stuff, and that simply isnt the real world. Nor did they understand the demand from that demographic they completely ignored.

Reebok has the balls to send me this email:

image.png

Yeah no kidding! I click the button and it says no items in cart. Thanks for rubbing it in.

From io9:
http://io9.gizmodo.com/holy-****-reebok-only-sold-ripleys-alien-reeboks-in-me-1773148920

" Update: Several hours after this article was originally posted, we were contacted again by Reebok. We were told the person who gave us the original quote “was not authorized to give a statement” and that this was the real statement. "

The Alien Stomper was mis-categorized on our US website as a men’s shoe. While size availability varied by market, the Alien Stomper is a unisex style and was produced in sizes (US Men’s) 3.5 – 12, which is a typical size range for a unisex model.

Currently we have not found evidence of the shoes being available in these smaller sizes, and have asked Reebok for additional information."

Yeah, so slightly excessive some of the comments on here, especially insulting Ebay sellers.

Granted, I was lucky enough to get hold of both the High & Mid Stompers by queuing up outside FootPatrol in London which happens to be around the corner from my work. About 15 other guys were with me, all gentlemen & pretty much all of which have put their Stompers on Ebay at a hugely inflated price.

Some had been there since 5am waiting until 10 to get a pair. One genuine 'Alien' fan's payment card was declined, so one of the so called "cancerous scalpers" decided that was unacceptable & actually bought them for him.

Many of the guys there knew the best places & ways to get hold of these limited releases & we're happy to share their knowledge with those who didn't. It's what they do day in day out, buy trainers to sell at a profit to buy other trainers, not just to make money but because they are true collectors. Trainer hype is massive nowadays & I'm both a collector & nerd, so understand how difficult it is to compete when buying. The lengths & prices I sometimes have to go to, just to secure a pair that I really want is ridiculous, however, I do not for one moment act as though it is my right to own or have a shot at buying them, because I can guarantee that for however long I have been waiting, someone else has been waiting more.

I watched this happen with the Mags, the Bruins & now these, yet still manage to have several pairs of each in my collection. Will I stick them on eBay at some point? Possibly, because it's my right to do what the hell I want with them because I worked my arse off to afford them & put the effort in to own them.

If you really want them, they're still out there, it's just tough that you didn't manage to get them first time round. If you desperately want them upon release, go to the lengths & beyond that others have done to secure them. Just don't sit there on a computer with one browser window open hoping that you're going to secure 1 of only 426 pairs in the world & then bitch when you don't.

Now, I'm not suggesting for one second that all 'scalpers' are lovely kindhearted human beings, but some are, so it's highly unfair to pigeon hole every person selling something you desire at an inflated price.

Well, not everybody lives in capitals, even in Paris, a friend of mine didn't find a shop that was selling them... I wonder which shop actually had them, but so far I only heard London had them. Called the main reebok shop in Glasgow and they didn't have them. When saying "Just don't sit there on a computer with one browser window open hoping that you're going to secure 1 of only 426 pairs in the world & then bitch when you don't"... What else do you expect that we do? Take a plane to London and hope you'll be there on time. Yeah lucky you, the shop was right next to your work place, not everybody got that chance and that doesn't seem to be much effort either. I've been refreshing Reebok website for 2 hours last night, thinking it would be the release hour, and then, this morning, until I read they'd be released at 5pm, but they didn't mention it would be the time in the USA. Reebok didn't even gave us an exact hour of release in Europe... So yeah, I think we have the right to bitch about it. Especially when sellers on ebay got several pairs and resell them even before receiving their goods.I am a student, and I personally can't spend £500 in a pair of shoes just because someone needs the money for another pair. Yes, it's life, it's how it goes, but I think for the ones who really wanted the shoes for a "decent" price, it is sincerely not fair.

Yeah - I can tell you there are people at Reebok who didn't get pair, SEVERAL people at Fox, people who worked on this release, and many more - in no universe was this release not botched - all gripes are legit - especially the fans - not just folks "sitting behind a browser."

As I've already said, I'm not justifying scalpers as I've had to pay above & beyond what I would've liked to for certain items. It's just highly unfair to openly insult people who are fortunate enough to be in the position you'd wish yourself to be in.

Emma, you're say your a student & "can't personally spend £500 on a pair of shoes", that's fair enough. I'm also in a position where I can't afford lots of things I would like, but as you say, it's life.

What I don't agree with, is outright insulting people, which is what has gone on here, quite openly.

The issue lies with Reebok, as some people have already mentioned, not supplying to the demand & not giving you a specific release hour. Just for the record, without a specific release time it pretty much renders the use of bots pointless. If you have an issue with the way the release is handled, then by all means, take it up with Reebok. I just don't agree with berating anyone who sells something at a price you might feel is unacceptable, when you have no idea of how they conduct their lives externally to this one fact.

WOW, just wow. And to think NIKE were bad with 1500 pair At least they gave their money to MJF Parkinsons. 426 pair world wide. Really?

Now I hope the Chinese bootleg (yes pun intended) the crap out of these.

To be fair, they *did* announce a very specific release time in multiple press releases - and didn't have the electronic infrastructure in place to properly handle it.

Yeah - I can tell you there are people at Reebok who didn't get pair, SEVERAL people at Fox, people who worked on this release, and many more - in no universe was this release not botched - all gripes are legit - especially the fans - not just folks "sitting behind a browser."

I totally agree with you. Has there ever been one release that has not been botched? Not that I can remember, there are always issues, but again, this comes back to the brand. I'm not excusing Reebok, I personally don't think you can blame the resellers. House prices are a perfect example, no-one in their right mind would sell their house for less than they can get, what's the difference with shoes. If a quick turn around profit can be made then good for them! Wish I could be in their position.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, they *did* announce a very specific release time in multiple press releases - and didn't have the electronic infrastructure in place to properly handle it.

I was told today that they were due to go on sale at midday, when were they actually released? Mid-morning at some point?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back