Red Skull costume progess (new hi res pics pg 8)

The event took place as planned.
We were outside in 90 degree weather (98 heat index) for just a little over
and hour.
The suit did well; sweat my typical amount and wasn't too uncomfortable.
Sweat did pool in my lower lip area as before; and as before, I used a wadded up
napkin to absorb the pool.
The contact lenses were a real-world test.
Yeah..prolly not doing them again.
They seem too white for me, even from a distance.
They are really uncomfortable since they don't fit.
I can't grimmace correctly with my eyes and since they float so much, I gotta
look thru milky lenses most of the time.

And I had my first round of damage.
Sometime, the mask tore in my mouth area.
I noticed it in the pics this morning.
I checked this area of the mask, and there is no net backing in this crack
of the mouth. I'll have to do the caulk-trick-repair before the tear gets bigger.

filmfest001.jpg

filmfest002.jpg

filmfest003.jpg

filmfest004.jpg

filmfest006.jpg

there is reinforcement there but not that close to the mouth. 100% silicone will fix it.
get some naptha too, the brush over the repair on the outside to smooth it out.

these mask are made from a supersoft silicone. they are tough but not bullet proof.

so be freaking careful!!!!

Awesome app, I'll have to look it up. This is IMHO the best Red Skull out there now(besides the screen used costume). Great job.

Great outfit and pics.

To my eye the coat in the film was padded out much more, to represent his big muscles. [Over padded really]

Been super crazy lately; not been on RPF as much as I'd like, but work is slowing down finally.

Here's a catch up pic from Halloween.
My wife is getting into costuming lately...she let me do her makeup and mask.

In previous posts of mine, I mentioned the slight rip in the corner of my mask mouth -
I have been far too busy to mess with repairing it. I performed a couple nights at the local Haunted House (people really freaked out)
and did a couple Halloween parties without the rip getting bigger. I
will fix it eventually.

red%20skull%20and%20harley.jpg

Thanks much!
Harley was a very quick, spur of the moment costume that worked.
The wig and mask are for her Black Cat outfit - wig also doubles for her Sue Storm outfit. We were in one of those Halloween shops looking for random stuff, and that Harley outfit simply told her to buy it.
It was a great deal of fun for her; her first big time of getting attention at the costume party. She's hooked. Maybe I can get her in next year's Ladies of the RPF cal. :)

That is an incredible costume. I also have to agree with that's the best Red Skull i've ever seen. Well done man, looks fantastic!:thumbsup

dude we need to get together at one of the shindigs. I am in Quincy, IL

Sounds like a plan.
Quincy is 2.5 hours west of me.
I just packed up my suits - not much gonna happen until maaaybe Shop with the Sheriff, and that will prolly be Iron Man.
Then, Free Comic Book day might be the next outting for me cuz there just isn't nothing around. :unsure

for sake of documenting my suit here; thought I would mention my coat...
The inner seam has really started to fray and come undone. No big deal to me really...it was cheap.
I have mentioned before about the heat...I just do not breathe while wearing it.
Well, those couple nights I performed in our local haunted house were interesting. It was cool outside, very cool. Inside however, even with no heat, the place was warm.
I sweat like the dickens.
As a result, the inside of the coat has started to smell..yuck.
I left it turned inside-out and shot it with some Fe-Breeze (spell?) which seems to have taken care of it.

Hey man, I'm still new on the forum and checking things out.

This is by far one of my favorite kits so far I've seen. You nail the Red Skull to a T. I see this costume and makes me want to pop in CA:TFA and watch it.

Do you play off the German accent when you talk and get into character?

Thanks Skull King!
Actually, since the mask is exaggerated slightly to conseal the nose, the mouth opening doesn't really follow my lips when I talk.
I typically avoid talking, but when I do, and I am really in view of mass people..it's short, loud, and crazy. I animate my body language a bit as if my head was full of colliding freight trains.
I disguise my voice a bit, but not really going all german because I would do it poorly.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back