RED ALERT Lost 3 ft TOS Enterprise found????

The date of the photos and the author are recorded in that collection at UC Riverside. (Fun fact: there are pics of Forry Ackerman, Poul Anderson, Bradbury, Bloch, Philip K. Dick, Pohl, Silverberg, Greg Bear in there.) Also of interest: the collection contains pics from the 1966 TriCon where Roddenberry sent some costumes to appear in a galactic fashion show. If memory serves, that convention preceded the first air date in September. I'm looking forward to looking through his collection.

Yep, I noticed that also after looking at a number of pics. Perhaps taken for promotional purposes -- cheaper and easier to put the 33" baby on some black velvet and photograph for studio materials -- maybe around the time that Shatner was photographed.
Re: Model in Star Trek costume, Tricon — Calisphere
The photos with the model wearing the "Andrea the Android" costume were taken at the World Science Fiction Convention, 1–5 September 1966.
Here is another photo related to #17.
I read somewhere that the guy in the Romulan costume is ...
Gene Roddenberry.

Attachments

• Romulan_Costume_Worldcon_1966.jpg
    Romulan_Costume_Worldcon_1966.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 130
Re: Model in Star Trek costume, Tricon — Calisphere
The photos with the model wearing the "Andrea the Android" costume were taken at the World Science Fiction Convention, 1–5 September 1966.
Here is another photo related to #17.
I read somewhere that the guy in the Romulan costume is ...
Gene Roddenberry.

Let’s see…getting “handsy” with a scantily clad model…

IMG_3103.jpeg

IMG_3114.jpeg

…yeah, that’s Gene alright.

IMG_3104.jpeg

Last edited:
Okay, the PHASE II model looks to be the Planet Hollywood model (or one just like it), which was built from the original Brick Price molds, then modified and detailed to more closely resemble the TMP model.

But what the heck is this 6-foot 1701-A display model? When was it built, and why? Just for Mr. Jein’s own enjoyment? Some kind of studio promotional piece?

Okay, the PHASE II model looks to be the Planet Hollywood model (or one just like it), which was built from the original Brick Price molds, then modified and detailed to more closely resemble the TMP model.

But what the heck is this 6-foot 1701-A display model? When was it built, and why? Just for Mr. Jein’s own enjoyment? Some kind of studio promotional piece?
Could the 6 foot one have been used in Star Trek VI as an additional model or something?

description says the 1701-A was for Planet Hollywood. Doesn't say what the Phase II model was made for.

Woah…I think that’s it…

The stand is correct and the size is correct.

View attachment 1757378
View attachment 1757386

Also, the decals are a match to the surviving 11-footer decals.

View attachment 1757381

(Set of original Enterprise decals below)

View attachment 1757398

Didn’t this model go “missing” after Roddenberry lent it out to a licensee? If so, someone should probably contact Rod Roddenberry and let him know about the sale.

It looks like it has been stored somewhere in which water has damaged the model and the stand.

View attachment 1757396

View attachment 1757379
View attachment 1757380
View attachment 1757383View attachment 1757384
View attachment 1757385
View attachment 1757393
I think that Rod already knows about this.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back