Quickie Key of Hamunaptra

Nwerke

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This here's a stunt KoH that I picked up last year from someone on the forum, Imhotep72 I think. I thought it'd hold the place for a better one until Jaded Monk does another run or something like that. And it came with a couple of other Mummy items that were more what I was after, so it was a bit of a bonus.

It's sat on a bedroom shelf for most of the last year because it had some casting flaws. A few voids, thousands of pinhole bubbles across the top, and the resin had shrunk in that really weird/annoying way where flat panels become sunken and edges become sharp, raised ridges. I didn't think knocking them down would be practical - the detail was sure to suffer.

But yesterday I was painting some other stuff in bronze/copper colours and figured 'what the heck'. So I hit it with some primer and trialed the colours and a bit of weathering, and it looked nice enough that I decided it was worth the salvage effort. I knocked down the edges and puttied it last night, did final sanding this morning and just threw some paint in vaguely the right direction.

For a couple of hours of work on something I thought I'd never really bother with, I think this'll make a pretty nice paperweight! :)

Also - Simon...see? I do so too finish something. At least once a decade. :p

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back