Qui-Gon's Silver Button

Wells

Heya everyone.

I was watching TPM last night and I spotted the silver behind the button on Qui-Gon's Lighsaber in the opening scenes in the 'negotiation room'.

How often is the silver hilt worn? Growing up I only knew the black button hilt as seen from under the poncho shot and on the floor during the Maul duel.

Was the black button only on close ups and the silver hilt was there throughout the film all along?

1685696594587.png

Essentially most (but not all) of the resin cast hilts had the ring under the red button painted silver. The real part on the hero was black, and some of the stunts were painted correctly with a black ring. Sometimes they just painted the stunts in really wonky ways, it’s like they were trying to do it from memory and didn’t have the hero or any pictures for reference:

490387_0.jpeg

Essentially most (but not all) of the resin cast hilts had the ring under the red button painted silver. The real part on the hero was black, and some of the stunts were painted correctly with a black ring. Sometimes they just painted the stunts in really wonky ways, it’s like they were trying to do it from memory and didn’t have the hero or any pictures for reference:

View attachment 1706722
Oh wow, no way. That is funky... and pretty amazing. Looks like me trying to color a saber in Jedi Survivor.

I was aware of some having silver or black rings, but @Dewy’s two-tone image is new to me. That’s really a different look. Interesting.

Wow aside from the emitter it's like a total negative image... What should be silver is black and what should be black is silver. Very strange. And the pommel cap is... red?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back