Prometheus (Post-release)

So the writer is the guy who did Lost?

He should sick to TV series.

Maybe just just quit. I really loved LOST, but the last season left me completely unsatisfied. Destroyed my whole love for the show. Nothing was explained or connected, same with Prometheus.

I don't like his other work either.

After seeing a preview/behind the scenes video on YouTube for the movie, I had a thought that popped into my mind. The thought was of Kenner and the cancelled Alien movie line, which made me wonder if there was any toy company planning on releasing action figures or any kind of collectables in relation to Prometheus. I did a bit of a small search and came across this Blog post by NECA that was done in February, which explains they not only plan on doing a few Alien and Aliens figures, but figures Prometheus as well. Kinda wonder what they're going to look like.

Sorry, I know this post is useless, but it's just my collector's side that just had an itch that I had to scratch. The filmmaker side of me definitely can't wait to check out the movie.

Well if they do ever do another one here's the good news! Somebody got the hint and is going back to television. The VERY BAD news is he has been involved in Star Trek 2.

LOST Co-Creator Damon Lindelof Returning to Television Full-Time

Seems a bit sudden to me. I wonder why? And I like this quote of his : "What I love about television is character-based storytelling." Pity he didn't do that with his films. " Cowboys and Aliens" was a thudding dud for me as well.

Last edited:
Maybe just just quit. I really loved LOST, but the last season left me completely unsatisfied. Destroyed my whole love for the show. Nothing was explained or connected, same with Prometheus.
Yeah, the first season was cool... but I just quickly got a sense that it wasn't going anywhere and all it did was spin more yarn and go to new places instead of concentrating on what it was already setting up... until in the end it was just all over the place. Never bothered with the second season forward as I just thought it'd be more of the same... turns out it was worse than that.

Same thing I disliked about BSG... it just couldn't keep its focus, setting up and building up new things before dealing with what had already been started.

Those writers are good at starting things, but instead of finishing or coming to a conclusion with those, they start up new things... then new things... and new things... and so ****ing on.

It's like a joke without a punch-line.

Saw it yesterday and I agree with the spoiler comments above. The effects were solid, but the story and the characters were not.

... without any real tension or drama... and there's no real build-up where you feel afraid of the characters, and the characters do some remarkably idiotic things and you never really care about them to begin with. And I didn't care about the space jockeys... they felt rather... well... idiotic as well.

Uh... absolutely none of the stuff listed here surprises me that much given what was on view in the trailers and clips, and in Ridley's output over the last 15 years. Reeaaaallly sounds like the omelette wasn't worth the iconic eggs Rid broke to make it - absolutely as I feared. S'pose I still have to drag my carcase out to see it before I can rightfully comment, though ( do I really hafta?). Still, who knows? My expectations are now so low, I might find something to like (FX candy aside)...

Just read something from Lostoff I'm mean Lindoff, re why the Engineers wanted to wipe us out, It did make sense to a scene when they carbon date the head and ties in to what David said to the Engineer after his big hang over sleep. Basically it sounds like when we turned to ****** they turned on us. Now that kinda rights off every other religion TUT TUT but does make sense to why they were going to screw us, We screwed them over time. Obviously they've been popping over for Tea every few thousand years to say high and it never passed down the chain of command to the grunts. So some **** plays god on earth and they decide to wipe us out and it back fires on em.

All very nice and kinda would be nice to have more stuff like that in the film but it still doesn't take away from crap script writing, also Lindoff is now blaming Scott for it being a bit nonsensical!!!!!

can anyone tell me if the power loader was in the film?

power-loader.jpg

gah i spent waay to much time chasing 'tic-tacs' over at the unforum it seems... :(

Just read something from Lostoff I'm mean Lindoff, re why the Engineers wanted to wipe us out, It did make sense to a scene when they carbon date the head and ties in to what David said to the Engineer after his big hang over sleep. Basically it sounds like when we turned to ****** they turned on us. Now that kinda rights off every other religion TUT TUT but does make sense to why they were going to screw us, We screwed them over time. Obviously they've been popping over for Tea every few thousand years to say high and it never passed down the chain of command to the grunts. So some **** plays god on earth and they decide to wipe us out and it back fires on em.

All very nice and kinda would be nice to have more stuff like that in the film but it still doesn't take away from crap script writing, also Lindoff is now blaming Scott for it being a bit nonsensical!!!!!

Have you got a link, I'd like to read that?

"The worst mistake you can do is watch all the viral, trailers and spoilers as its been mentioned before they are almost all big plot sequences and theres not much else to it aside from how they connect and why."

I stopped reading this thread after this. I tried not to watch the trailers, but could not look away in the theater. I now know everything except how the scenes connect and why... I tried so hard to avoid seeing anything about this film so i could see it unspoiled.

Well, I'm about as spoiled as one can get without having seen the film. I've read the bad reviews (and the good ones) and I've even seen the end of the film on youtube buttcam.

All that, and I'm still extremely excited to see it on Friday.

Well, I'm about as spoiled as one can get without having seen the film. I've read the bad reviews (and the good ones) and I've even seen the end of the film on youtube buttcam.

All that, and I'm still extremely excited to see it on Friday.

Good man, there's nothing like blind optimism :lol, only joking.

Actually finding out how the connect and in what order ws actually one of the pleasure in watching the film as its hard to work out from the trailers.

Have you got a link, I'd like to read that?

sadly not but I have joined the dots to get to what I posted but lets face it what happened around 2000 years ago and its very much implied this was the time and incident that turned the Teddy bares against us.

Sorry I read a review where the engineers where described and referred to as Teddy bares and it made me chuckle all the way through the review.

Since they don't release the movie until August here and I was so scared about the reviews, I watched some of the final scenes of the movie from a russian camrip, thinking that I would see that the movie looked awesome and there was nothing to fear.

Now I'm devastated. Monsters look like real crap (I mean, sharktopus, really?). The Space Jockey scene was SO rushed that it felt stupid. Music is too loud/happy... so far, it looks to me like something out of an AVP movie, not a Ridley Scott film.

I hope the plot is interesting and Fassbender's character makes the movie worth watching. But I cannot understand why the monsters in the film are so cheesey...... They should've never removed the classic alien from the movie if they weren't going to create something equally awesome :cry

I suppose that watching it in the theater will make it all look better, but still it doesn't feel worth all the waiting and excitement of these months.

Last edited:
F the reviews, I'm feeling there is most likely loads of little nods and details that will keep me happy.

Now I devastated. Monsters look like real crap (I mean, sharktopus, really?). The Space Jockey scene was SO rushed that it felt stupid. Music is too loud/happy... so far, it looks to me like something out of an AVP movie, not a Ridley Scott film.

I hope the plot is interesting and Fassbender's character makes the movie worth watching. But I cannot understand why the monsters in the film are so cheesey......

To me, so much of the trailers and clips already said 'AVP'. The powerpoint lecture scene, the flatness of the landing sequence...(and now it seems there isn't even a high-tension, fully-engaging second half, something the trailers did suggest).... how can these disasters be explained? By the fact that Scott hasn't made a proper, fully-functioning film in decades. He lost his classic touch long, long ago, while Gladiator and Robin Hood are messy films with such shocking lapses in narrative taste and visual acuity that even his basic competence is called into question at times. So, for me, it was always going to be an absolute miracle if in Prom he suddenly, despite decades of decline, recovered his form overnight and produced even so much as a fully-functioning, satisfying movie, let alone a classic on the level of Alien.

Yeah, yeah, I know I should see it before I can judge it, but honestly I don't think I can... I don't think I can put myself through the torture of seeing these cheeseball cg-desecrated jockeys we're hearing about (I knew Scott would mess up badly here - this is the man who gave us Crowe's 'gladiator helmet' - an object which constitutes the single biggest piece of cheese I've seen in the cinema in the last 30 years...)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back