Probe Droid Hyperspace Pod LR223

Lovin the pods, lovin the display base too...I need one of those !

Must post piccys of my bigger pod soon..not much progress yet though, just the hulls stuck together at the moment

great stuff

Phil

There's no cabal with hi res pics. I personally got an audience with reference to the smaller pod, and was allowed to share the markings with everyone, via the model I made...

Also, you know what? I'm going to be extremely blunt as I say all of this:

Boo hoo. I'm sick and tired of people getting all bruised and offended when they don't have everything under the sun. You don't see me complaining, and there's PLENTY of ref I don't have. You know what it feels like to cater to someone who seems earnest enough and then get half of your contacts wiped out from under you, because some jaghole decides to post ALL of your pics that were to be kept "private"? Yeah - I was an idiot to share with Kurt Kuhn, and you all seem to love inflating his ego on Models, Magic, and Murder, or whatever the heck it's called. All that stuff came from people that trusted him, and he betrayed that trust. Nice. We ALL were duped. It burned the everlivingf--- out of the reputations of a bunch of model builders.

I will never forgive, and I will never forget. Otherwise, I'll repeat the mistake, you know?

So you know what happens now? No one shares anything any more. And when they do, the share-ee HONORS the terms and does not betray a trust. You know WHY anything is shared, to begin with? It's not about ego. It's not about "I have something and you don't, nyahh nyahhh". It's because the info CAN get out, exactly the way it did here, in replicas.

Guess what? Now EVERYONE can make the pod look correct, and no one gets in trouble or betrays a trust for sharing something that's a professional or hobbyist-level hot potato! Do you want a bunch of model pics at the expense of someone losing their job or future work in an already difficult industry?

I sure don't. So please, leave the sarcastic comments out of my threads, and play by the rules of studio scale. They sometimes suck, but if you don't, you'll get nowhere. And it may be unfair, but life isn't fair.
:)

J, you should offer those markings as decals with profiles of the pods, so everyone would be happy, and I'm sure that would help and save from some troubles, they're arent fun to do on the domes :(

Another happy customer huh J lol. Cant see why anybody would ask for ref now anyways, seeing as its all documented in each of our own threads.
The laziness in this hobby is unreal, unless its on a plate, people get bitter, we ALL have to ask for help now and then.
Getting that help WILL be measured by the other parties willingness to also pitch in, and not take take take.
Actions like that are the reason the old school, dont play in public anymore.

Lee

People calm down !
We have all understand now.
Nobody gets hurt, we're all thankful to have the pods as they are (accurate as they are !)
A big "THANK YOU" to Lee who digged out those ESB Rarities, without you we stand there with empty hands.
Jason thank you for your info on the markings, maybe we could see some close up's of your great display.

thanks
Andre

WELL said Jason. Great job on the pods man!

Also, you know what? I'm going to be extremely blunt as I say all of this:

Boo hoo. I'm sick and tired of people getting all bruised and offended when they don't have everything under the sun. You don't see me complaining, and there's PLENTY of ref I don't have. You know what it feels like to cater to someone who seems earnest enough and then get half of your contacts wiped out from under you, because some jaghole decides to post ALL of your pics that were to be kept "private"? Yeah - I was an idiot to share with Kurt Kuhn, and you all seem to love inflating his ego on Models, Magic, and Murder, or whatever the heck it's called. All that stuff came from people that trusted him, and he betrayed that trust. Nice. We ALL were duped. It burned the everlivingf--- out of the reputations of a bunch of model builders.

I will never forgive, and I will never forget. Otherwise, I'll repeat the mistake, you know?

So you know what happens now? No one shares anything any more. And when they do, the share-ee HONORS the terms and does not betray a trust. You know WHY anything is shared, to begin with? It's not about ego. It's not about "I have something and you don't, nyahh nyahhh". It's because the info CAN get out, exactly the way it did here, in replicas.

Guess what? Now EVERYONE can make the pod look correct, and no one gets in trouble or betrays a trust for sharing something that's a professional or hobbyist-level hot potato! Do you want a bunch of model pics at the expense of someone losing their job or future work in an already difficult industry?

I sure don't. So please, leave the sarcastic comments out of my threads, and play by the rules of studio scale. They sometimes suck, but if you don't, you'll get nowhere. And it may be unfair, but life isn't fair.
:)

First off, I couldn't find the like button on your post Jason. Damn facebook. :lol

Secondly, I would take a set of those decals. I have a pod that I purchased from REL that I still haven't started.

J, you should offer those markings as decals with profiles of the pods, so everyone would be happy, and I'm sure that would help and save from some troubles, they're arent fun to do on the domes :(

I'll draw it up... will get Jeff to print them, so they can be done asap on ALPS. The waterslide sheet is pretty much full now!

Well, seeing as my completed pods have sat for an age, without markings, ill take a set if thats cool J, i start the weekends with all intentions of painting them, then run out of steam :lol

lee

My personal ones don't have marking yet either - it IS a TOTAL pain in the butt, yeah. By the time you get to the 5th one, you want to throw it across the room :p

Took me HOURS

**raises hand too** if you're really going to knock some decals out (won my last auction to get enough 223s). tell where you're ringing your bell and will send money to your red bucket.

moffeaton! What model kit part these are from??

L1050594.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back