Presenting my Kylo Ren Lightsaber

jhusel

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I got this from a 3D store online and spent a lot of time cleaning up the lines and weathering to give it that used/screen used look. I think it turned out pretty good, so I thought I'd share it with everyone. I hope you enjoy!

swkylorenlightsaber.jpg

swkylorenlightsaber2.jpg

swkylorenlightsaber3.jpg

I love the rust. I have one printed out as well but haven't gotten around to finishing yet. What type of paint did you use?

hi there, this is just the finish i have been looking for. im wondering if you can do that for my 3d print and maybe to other sabers i have. please let me know! thanks so so much.

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.
Beautiful.
Your finish came out great.
Kudos to you.
Mind sharing were it was purchased?
Got a good friend with a birthday coming up that would love this.

Thanks guys! I purchased it from myminifactory.com. As far as paint, here is what I used after priming and putty. I sprayed the base color with black metallic, then the Cast Iron in a dusting. I hand brushed the black grip sections, then a ton of dry brushing with the tube paints.

View attachment 484633

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the compliments fellas. DarthDimitri, sorry bud I just don't have the time right now to do build ups.

Sweet! I just got a print of this saber and am hoping to do the same. Did you just sands it to get rid of the grooves and then paint it?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back