Presenting my Kylo Ren Lightsaber

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

jhusel

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I got this from a 3D store online and spent a lot of time cleaning up the lines and weathering to give it that used/screen used look. I think it turned out pretty good, so I thought I'd share it with everyone. I hope you enjoy!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Radioman

I love the rust. I have one printed out as well but haven't gotten around to finishing yet. What type of paint did you use?

DarthDimitri

hi there, this is just the finish i have been looking for. im wondering if you can do that for my 3d print and maybe to other sabers i have. please let me know! thanks so so much.

usajdm

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.
Beautiful.
Your finish came out great.
Kudos to you.
Mind sharing were it was purchased?
Got a good friend with a birthday coming up that would love this.

jhusel

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thanks guys! I purchased it from myminifactory.com. As far as paint, here is what I used after priming and putty. I sprayed the base color with black metallic, then the Cast Iron in a dusting. I hand brushed the black grip sections, then a ton of dry brushing with the tube paints.

View attachment 484633

Last edited by a moderator:

jhusel

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thanks for the compliments fellas. DarthDimitri, sorry bud I just don't have the time right now to do build ups.

CT7567

Sweet! I just got a print of this saber and am hoping to do the same. Did you just sands it to get rid of the grooves and then paint it?