presenting My Corillian Lightsaber, Or, The First in My What If Series...

Sporak

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
That actually is what I drew up..the holes...but decided against it when I tried to centerpunch the one hole on the inner center...discovered that it was made of stainless steel and I just knew I'd really make a mess of it.

What I need to do is learn how to machine a proper taper...and it'll come.
That part is removeable so I can replace it eventually. The other idea was to leave it silver to match the ESB and Jedi version and I might do that...but I prefer it black.
That's the beauty of these, they're never really done :lol

Very impressive! I like the idea of a lightsaber inspired from a blaster. I think using the flash hider similar to Greedo killer (the one with holes on the flash hider) would add a little more character to it.
:thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup !!!

Gatekeeper

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Brilliant, Sporak! :thumbsup

"Hokey religions and ancient blasters are no match for a good saber at your side, kid." :D

Blaxmyth

Sr Member
This is stunning! Love to see some details about what materials you turned it out of, and how you fixed it all together.

Here's a thought for you - how's about a Tusken Raider's Gaffi Stick light sabre? :D

Phil

Sporak

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
I'll disassemble it and post pics :)
The emitter is/was a steel shot mixer (found at Cost Plus).
The body machined aluminum...
The handle is lathed wood.
The D ring thing is a modified greeblie I found, and the O ring is off of an old dog collar.

1005009cpccrsec5.jpg

1005012cccprspp6.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.