Possible ee3 molex connector part find

I emailed them and asked what colors they can do and will let everyone know when they get back to me. I also asked if they knew the colors these connectors originally came in so hopefully they will be able to figure that out as well.

BobaFettSlave_1, Thanks for letting me know about the color info as I haven't dove into all the ee3 threads/research yet so it helps me get all the correct info. I honestly just came across these connectors and thought I may have found something special! :)

Right as I finished typing this last message they sent me an email. Right now they said that I would need to order a minimum of 11,000 for them to re start production of them. I am waiting on a reply on the colors and asked what a total price would be on that.

At this point I'm a little worried what the cost is going to be, but I did think of an idea depending on what they tell me next.
If we can get verification of the holes and the color choices for the 11000 units.
I'm thinking if we can get 100 members to take 110 each or 200 members to take 55 each that would cover the 11000 units. At this point it would be basically splitting the cost between everyone that wants to help out.

I'll keep you all posted when they send their next reply.

Last edited:
...I'm thinking if we can get 100 members to take 110 each or 200 members to take 55 each that would cover the 11000 units

That's a pretty big ask in and of itself, I think. You might have to split an interest between here and TDH to cover something that. Like the V2 mystery chunk, the interest for these is there but it's not a big group.

It was just a thought, I'm still not even sure if they have the right part as I'm waiting on photos/confirmation of the holes.

Yeah I know right! I'm not really sure why they even asked how many I wanted to order if they already had that number in their mind lol. Still haven't heard back from them yet about colors so.
At this point I'm not even sure what to do but I like you thinking Marv that'd be a nice photo!!!

Whats wrong with these,, just dye them black? i can make tons of these (i am making these lol)
001(31).jpg

Well I have good news and bad news. The good news was they were able to find the molds in the warehouse and they did have the correct holes in them, however the bad news is that they were so far damaged from being in storage so long that they weren't able to be salvaged for use.

They did refer me to another company, I don't think its gonna be any better of a result but I'll give it a go.

As far as colors they said they were only aware of natural and black being made, but they said a red version could have been made using this mold type.

I wonder how long they've been in storage for the molds to go bad. I believe these are injection molded, yes? Most injection molded---uh---molds are made of steel. Must've been sat a long time to rust to the point of no return.

They didn't say how long they had them but my guess is probably from either rust or damage from things being piled on top of it.

From memory (since the blocks I kept for myself, from the 400 I'd ordered from Italy, aren't to hand), the "holes" you're seeing are dimples from where the plastic is pushed out of the mold. You can see it more clearly in the ones I dyed black (using RIT).

The AMP/TE ones I discovered and sold years ago had them, as you can see in these photos from that time...

Fett-Connector-Blocks.jpg

Fett-Connector-Blocks-Black.jpg

Also, the screenshot I took from their datasheet showed those dimples/holes as being present...
AMP_1-163035-0.gif

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back