Pipboy 3000 mkIV

TDunn97

Hello survivors,
I am making a Pipboy 3000 mkIV from fallout 4. I know they have the collectors edition but I have a few concerns about it. 1. I worry it might be to small to fit. 2. It looks cheap and to new. 3. they are sold out everywhere. This is my first big build so any help would be appreciated. I want to be able to put my phone in it. Here's some screen grabs I got from Bethesda E3 event. I'm also going to post a link to the video of the stream if your interested in watching it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5esyZPt5Jo
Thanks

Fallout-4-13-720x427.jpgFo4_Pip-Boy_trailer.pnggvkjkjg.PNGhkgcgck].PNGimages326D8KCF.jpgfallout_4_e3_2015_14.jpgffjh cyhjk.PNGfallout-pip-boy-3-copy-400x200.jpg

Fallout-4-13-720x427.jpg

Fo4_Pip-Boy_trailer.png

gvkjkjg.PNG

hkgcgck].PNG

images326D8KCF.jpg

fallout_4_e3_2015_14.jpg

ffjh cyhjk.PNG

fallout-pip-boy-3-copy-400x200.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I worry it might be to small to fit.
Concerning it being to small, they said that it would fit most common phones sizes but that doesn't really help. I'm looking to change my phone soon to the Note 4, and I don't think it will fit. I think iphone 6, Galaxy S6 size will be the biggest, I read somewhere that there are rubber inserts to accommodate differing phone sizes.

It looks cheap and to new
I think the design it quite nice and not to future/retro looking and its kinda hard to say anything about the build quality since nobody has actually held it yet. The ones at E3 are all behind glass. The design could be quite sturdy since there not much internal electronics needed as theres just a few switches, the rest is all done through the phone.

Subscribed!

How do you plan on making this? 3d print? pvc tube? card?

I had/have same concerns you do with the replica pipboy, going to scratch build my own at some point

Hey Chris I plan on making it with as much PVC and may later cast it. I'm going to post as much on the build as possible. So when you start yours check back and learn from my mistakes. for the arm piece I think I'm going to use one of these http://goo.gl/XxGQK4

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back