Pip-Boy 3000, How to handle a paperweight, I think....

Wow! Very nice - I'm deeply impressed.
Would you mind giving some details, how you built the Geiger Counter?
Thank you for the kind words..... Could you be more specific, what details did you want? My circuit is built around a 555 timer driving a step-up transformer capable of producing the high voltage my Geiger-Muller required, the rest of the circuit is for driving the sounder/clicker. I don't share my circuits, but here is one that is close....:)
Simplest Geiger Counter

Thank you for the kind words..... Could you be more specific, what details did you want? My circuit is built around a 555 timer driving a step-up transformer capable of producing the high voltage my Geiger-Muller required, the rest of the circuit is for driving the sounder/clicker. I don't share my circuits, but here is one that is close....:)
Simplest Geiger Counter
If you don't want to build it, Electronic Goldmine has about the cheapest "built" Geiger Counter at $40.00, but if you are on their mailing list sometimes it gets put on sale.
C8600ASB - Assembled Ultimate Geiger Counter Kit - Without GM Tube
Thank you!
Honestly, I was hoping you would share your circuit :) but, of course, understand if you prefer not to.
But your link to instructables is also very helpful. I also saw similar units like this one at aliexpress for $32.
I put this on my list of possible future projects. Thanks again.

I'm sorry for not sharing, I just find it better to give helpful info and pass on the personal stuff, I hope you understand.....:)
Here comes the "helpful info", Electronic Goldmine has their small Geiger Counter on sale for $18.95, now you are limited to one per order, but......:unsure:. At that price it would be hard to build one from scratch and have it be cheaper......;)

Attachments

• Built Geiger Counter for less than $19.00.jpg
    Built Geiger Counter for less than $19.00.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 77
I'm sorry for not sharing, I just find it better to give helpful info and pass on the personal stuff, I hope you understand.....:)
Here comes the "helpful info", Electronic Goldmine has their small Geiger Counter on sale for $18.95, now you are limited to one per order, but......:unsure:. At that price it would be hard to build one from scratch and have it be cheaper......;)
Thanks!
However, it seems that this unit does not come with a tube (which may cost up to $20) - and they want >$6.- for shipping. So, it seems that aliexpress has the better deal. In any case, I still have a few other projects on my list. Anyway, this is not a short-term thing, but something I will keep in mind. Possibly as an add-on for a future project, maybe some hand-held "SciFi" device (whatever that may be...), just like your pipboy which is so cool. Thanks again for the inspiration!

I'm very happy that all the electronics fit and will move on to the base mods to work with the prop. I did add the de-bounce circuit to the two switches I spoke about in the video.

Amazing what you have done with the original prop. I had a lot of issues getting animations to work smoothly on my version. I had to ensure that the animations draw call only occurs after all the rest of the GUI code was ran.

If you end up making your own gears by laser cutting or 3D printing, I found GearGenerator.com to be invaluable. It is easier to use the the build-in gear generation in my CAD, and easier to make chains of gears. The link above is to the current 3:1 gears setup that I am using.

Amazing what you have done with the original prop. I had a lot of issues getting animations to work smoothly on my version. I had to ensure that the animations draw call only occurs after all the rest of the GUI code was ran.

If you end up making your own gears by laser cutting or 3D printing, I found GearGenerator.com to be invaluable. It is easier to use the the build-in gear generation in my CAD, and easier to make chains of gears. The link above is to the current 3:1 gears setup that I am using.
Thank you zapwizard, the electronics was easy, the code I can't take credit for, that goes to my friend rworne, he fixed the code that was out there, I just built something to play it on....:whistle: I am overclocking the Raspberry Pi and need a little better heatsink for it to run smoothly if left to run for long periods....

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back