Pepsi is making Pepsi Perfect? BTTF

So like I mentioned the other day - the Mex and Argentina bottles are different. The cap is not only thicker but it appears to be an entirely different mold. The top of the bottle (where it screws on) is not as wide on the Argentina bottle. The straw is thicker as well. And lastly, at 23 cm it's about the same size as the US release and 2 cm shorter than the Mex version.

View attachment 549409

Thanks for posting! It confirmed my hunch looking at the photos before. Looking forward to mine arriving!

Yeah, the self-lacing mags are another fiasco waiting to happen !!!
Another win for the bots !!!

Maybe Nike themselves are making big bucks on Ebay now,
who knows !!!

My understanding was the that the self-lacing Mags will be an online auction, like the 2011 Mags were. Those were a fundraiser for MJF's Parkinson's foundation, and if I remember right, the new Mags are too. If these fetch as much money as the 2011 Mags did, they will be well out of my (and most people's) price range. The difference between the Bruins and the Mags is that the average person can probably make a $110 replica sneaker purchase without seeming too fiscally irresponsible. Not so with the Mags.

As for how this relates to Pepsi, people want a chance to purchase this for the $20.15 they originally went for. It's one thing to not be able to afford the Mags, knowing they will likely fetch a price unattainable to most. It's another to try and purchase a comparatively inexpensive prop replica such as the Pepsi Perfect and get shut out. I think people can accept not being able to afford something in the first place more than they can accept being able to afford it and feeling like they were robbed of the opportunity to get it. There's a greater sense of injustice to it, a sense that the playing field wasn't level.

My understanding was the that the self-lacing Mags will be an online auction, like the 2011 Mags were. Those were a fundraiser for MJF's Parkinson's foundation, and if I remember right, the new Mags are too. If these fetch as much money as the 2011 Mags did, they will be well out of my (and most people's) price range. The difference between the Bruins and the Mags is that the average person can probably make a $110 replica sneaker purchase without seeming too fiscally irresponsible. Not so with the Mags.

So the rich people get the mags again. :wacko
Guess I'll be buying a V2 or V3 or whatever someday :lol

As for how this relates to Pepsi, people want a chance to purchase this for the $20.15 they originally went for. It's one thing to not be able to afford the Mags, knowing they will likely fetch a price unattainable to most. It's another to try and purchase a comparatively inexpensive prop replica such as the Pepsi Perfect and get shut out. I think people can accept not being able to afford something in the first place more than they can accept being able to afford it and feeling like they were robbed of the opportunity to get it. There's a greater sense of injustice to it, a sense that the playing field wasn't level.

The only way I could buy it is if I use my Bongous account.
Way to costly for a $20.15 inaccurate bottle.

Thanks to Gary Weaver, someday soon, we'll have an accurate bottle,
with a price corresponding to it's accuracy and worth my money.

I have yet to really check out the Pepsi site. can u make a account there to speed up ordering time or do u have to fill it all your info all at once when ordering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far, we don't know who this "retail partner" is. Otherwise I would set up an account now. I feel like they are setting up fans to fail again. However, if we don't know who the "retail partner" is yet, then either do the scalpers with their bots. Maybe we will actually have a chance. Nothing new on Pepsi's twitter about this.

So far, we don't know who this "retail partner" is. Otherwise I would set up an account now. I feel like they are setting up fans to fail again. However, if we don't know who the "retail partner" is yet, then either do the scalpers with their bots. Maybe we will actually have a chance. Nothing new on Pepsi's twitter about this.

It's one bottle per costumer right ?
I think a bot is more used for ordering large quantities ?
We should have come up with that idea before october 30th,
making a list for the bruins here and letting a bot take care of it:rolleyes

Enough about the Bruins now !!!:D

If any of my American brethren that already have a Pepsi Perfect, or not, and who are in good standing on the RPF, would like to help out a Northern neighbor (I.e. Canadian/ me) get one, I will make it worth your effort. Please PM me today.

Thanks.

It's one bottle per costumer right ?
I think a bot is more used for ordering large quantities ?
We should have come up with that idea before october 30th,
making a list for the bruins here and letting a bot take care of it:rolleyes

Enough about the Bruins now !!!:D

Apparently bots are software programs designed to perform automated tasks, whether it be one simple task or repetitive task faster than any human can do (in less than a second). I hate to admit that I personally know someone who used a bot to buy the Nike Bruins and Pepsi Perfect. Of course I don't approve of that, and that person is not my friend or anything. But, I know them and they bragged about it. But, he explained that he had to program it ahead of time in order to work.

I dont understand why everyone is going crazy over the US release bottle it honestly SUCKS? ???. The one i got was free because i earned it dressing in costume. Stop wasting your money on crap and get an accurate bottle when gary is ready.SCREW PEPSI AND SCREW NIKE FOR REAL.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I dont understand why everyone is going crazy over the US release bottle it honestly SUCKS? ???. The one i got was free because i earned it dressing in costume. Stop wasting your money on crap and get an accurate bottle when gary is ready.SCREW PEPSI AND SCREW NIKE FOR REAL.

I think it's just about the fact of having something that actually has been created by the brand. It's still quite cool when you think about it x)
It's not really their fault if the Internet is full of scalpers now, how can they avoid that?

So like I mentioned the other day - the Mex and Argentina bottles are different. The cap is not only thicker but it appears to be an entirely different mold. The top of the bottle (where it screws on) is not as wide on the Argentina bottle. The straw is thicker as well. And lastly, at 23 cm it's about the same size as the US release and 2 cm shorter than the Mex version.

View attachment 549409

Ahhh, thanks for posting this! Makes me wish I could trade in my Mexican bottle I just purchased on eBay, for a Argentinian/Uruguayan one instead; but those seem so hard to find considering how limited they were made!

They can avoid it by not buying it. Look at the nike bruin release the prices were through the roof now you can get the shoes for like $200 $250 now. If everyone would just boycott ebay the scalpers will cone down in price dramatically. Everyone just continues to go crazy over this crappy pepsi.

I think it's just about the fact of having something that actually has been created by the brand. It's still quite cool when you think about it x)
It's not really their fault if the Internet is full of scalpers now, how can they avoid that?

I agree - I wanted it from day one even if I knew of it's inaccuracies. Now that I know for sure it's impossible for me to get the US release (being in Canada), I'm still hoping I could get my hands on a Argentina bottle (which is also inaccurate but functional at least) once the dust has settled on all this craziness.

Ahhh, thanks for posting this! Makes me wish I could trade in my Mexican bottle I just purchased on eBay, for a Argentinian/Uruguayan one instead; but those seem so hard to find considering how limited they were made!
You're welcome. I'm also trying to get my hands on one of the Argentina bottles but they seem to be very limited.

Argentina bottle is what we all want because it is light years more accurate than the US release and its still an official pepsi product.

Can i have yours if you're not happy with it? ;) Happy to pay the shipping fees

I earned the thing i waited in line for over an hour so no im not giving it away bt i will try to get one tomorrow morning for my nephew who got one with me but kindly gave it to brad JEDIFYFE. I bought him a mexico bottle also which he will like even more.

hi all i live in the uk, and at the mo have 0 pepsi perfect bottles, so if someone dose get more than one of ANY of them and are willing so sell at cost or what not + shipping that would be great, please put me on a list of people wanting bottles, that would be great...... THANK YOU

also very cool post Gary Weaver thank you, ill start saving now........:thumbsup

hi all i live in the uk, and at the mo have 0 pepsi perfect bottles, so if someone dose get more than one of ANY of them and are willing so sell at cost or what not + shipping that would be great, please put me on a list of people wanting bottles, that would be great...... THANK YOU

also very cool post Gary Weaver thank you, ill start saving now........:thumbsup
Start saving for gary they wont be cheap

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back