Now for the defining moment......the reason we didn't care that we didn't get to do the contest, the reason Saturday out surpassed Fridays stressful events, the reason why I knew if we didn't do this for Charlie and myself we would of been heart broken. Once we had gotten through the crowds and had done a few things, my wife wanted to check to see where the autograph area was......and that's when my anxiety kinda kicked in but in a GOOD WAY!! I was going to be able to have Charlie meet him in her costume and all would finally come full circle....just didn't know what his reaction would be to it.

So this is how it went, we started to walk up to the autograph areas and quickly spotted his sign
20211211_121247.jpg

Charlie wanted a picture of it with her next to it....it was exciting for the both of us.
20211211_121303.jpg

We then looked over and he was talking to some fans ahead.....whats funny is during this time my wife and I are going back and forth. She wanted me to check in with him early (our times were set for 2:40pm) and it was 12......and I didn't want to go and get turned down and my wife was like: JUST GO get it going, what do you got to lose!!! lol During that time he noticed us and you could see him smile and leaned over to his mom (Julie) and then we saw her react. I finally got the courage to just get up there (I swear I felt like I myself was 11 years old ready to meet my all time movie hero). So we slowly made our way to him......I captured ALL on video as a typical dad would!! lol

The reaction from the folks talking to max was the reaction all day of the costume.....I felt as if it was surreal since it was all hitting me now!!

Then we got up there and the gentleman next to max said it would be just fine to meet him now and get things signed etc. My wife was right......and thus my anxiety went away before long. This young man as I've stated in my media outlets was incredible and was blown away at all the detail. So much he did something for us I was absolutely NOT expecting him to do AND his mom helped greatly with it all.....to the point I even have messages from Momma Jenkins!!!!! HOW INCREDIBLE IS THAT!!!! Watch second video....its all hitting me hard and I had to hold back tears of joy as I was watching the REAL WILL ROBINSON look through my replica book.

After this video the whole reason I started building this suit for my daughter came all back to me.....Julie Jenkins asked for my info so she could get a hold of me as soon as Max got a hold of Mina. I COULD NOT believe how incredible this young man was, took time to make my daughters dream come true while also realizing mine as a fan and cosplay builder of her suit. He was in complete awe of everything. His kind words were like heaven to my ears as all I've worked so hard for was now being judged by the person whom wore the real thing. Everything again FULL CIRCLE and when julie texted, I was quick to answer!!!
Screenshot_20211211-200232_Message+.jpg
Screenshot_20211211-200254_Message+.jpg
Screenshot_20211211-200306_Message+.jpg

and we were across the building when that happened so my daughters and wife all damn near fast walked back.....unfortunately my son and his girlfriend Daisy (whom did her hair) were shopping around so they weren't close by. This third video was beyond awesome and was the video that EVERYONE was circulating around once Max posted it on his social media. Truly blessed this all happened to me but more that my daughter got to be this character and everyone praised how great she looked etc.

Here is what she looked like towards the end....once the mentioned 18lbs. got taken off....she was still able to be in costume, which is what impressed a lot of people as we left the building!! The photo op was REALLY cool and something to hold onto for a long time!
20211211_145231.jpg
P-RH1-W6A-DC7.jpg

Thanks to each and everyone here at the RPF whom took the time to cheer me on, suggested things and were all in all incredibly friendly through my process. I am beyond happy with the outcome of this all.......our 15 minutes of fame will slowly come to a close and I know the suit may likely not make it to next year or maybe Charlie won't fully outgrow it and I can get 1 more wear out of it. The fact is I don't care because what happened to us Dec. 11th 2021 will forever be in our hearts. It truly showed us that a proud father and his daughter can pull off the impossible as long as you can do what is on her shirt....the start of a journey that took us from being Lost in Space.....to finding our way!!

20200303_155813.jpg

THANK YOU MAX, MINA JULIE and all whom made Netflix's Lost In Space 1,2,3 a success and a dream for a little artist and his family!!
and thank you RPF for having some of the greatest artists/fans/builders in the world.............

WE ARE FANS FOREVER!!!(y):cool::)

Last edited:
Wow...who cut the onionso_O? I was emotional, looking at the vids you've posted. Not only for the wonderful/cool costume you've re-created for your daughter, but also for your great relationship with your family! Max was very gracious and such a great young man, as well Mina and Julie:cool::cool:(y)(y) It's nice to see!

Wow...who cut the onionso_O? I was emotional, looking at the vids you've posted. Not only for the wonderful/cool costume you've re-created for your daughter, but also for your great relationship with your family! Max was very gracious and such a great young man, as well Mina and Julie:cool::cool:(y)(y) It's nice to see!
Lol trust me there was a lot of Onions during that time being cut!! lmao
My family has been my all, they all have supported my art and have always helped out in every way they could. To have been able to do this for my daughter and myself was a tremendously great feeling. To have seen the same family dynamics right before us and have my family see another great family was icing on the cake. The Jenkins and the Sundwall families are truly inspiring and you can see it in how they manage their lives.

The Fandom that has been created have embraced all of this in a way I never expected. It really goes to show that family isnt always defined by whom you came from but by who took the time to help you and cheer you on along the way. I'm eternally greatful this all came full circle and know there will be a time in our lives here we will look back and say: "I really did that, how awesome was that day!"

Thank you joberg for cheering me on during the whole process along with all the other members in here. It truly helped keep me fueled and pushed me to get it done. All of my failures during the whole process seemed like nothing once I started getting feedback from everyone. I hope to be able to keep bringing everyone the same joy I brought to my daughter.

Now, it'll be time to figure out what to do next........

Wow! I was genuinely crying happy tears too, watching the interaction between you all on those videos. Charlie looks just amazing in that fantastic suit you built, and you both deserved every bit of the obviously genuine and heartfelt love and admiration you got back from the actors. What a great thing you did! Just lovely. Thank you so much for sharing something wonderful.

Looks like a GREAT time ............................ :)
we had an absolute blast (Except for friday....lol) and it was worth every time and money spent within the past year and a half. Would do it again but I need to take a break for now....lmao Only thing I am sad about is not possibly being able to reuse it for next year (UNLESS I can somehow deconstruct it to refit her....it be a TON of work though).

Last edited:
Wow! I was genuinely crying happy tears too, watching the interaction between you all on those videos. Charlie looks just amazing in that fantastic suit you built, and you both deserved every bit of the obviously genuine and heartfelt love and admiration you got back from the actors. What a great thing you did! Just lovely. Thank you so much for sharing something wonderful.
All I can say is as a father I was proud of my accomplishment and truly felt out of this world when it all came together once we were there. Charlie was holding back tears throughout the whole thing and told me once we were done with the autograph portion of it all. She was soooo happy to know he was so incredibly nice and that the Mina call almost had her crying a ton. I am really glad I was able to share this to the world and to be able to have something for my daughter to look back on in life. I thank you from the heart for the kind words, they truly are humbling!

Last edited:
Now for the defining moment......the reason we didn't care that we didn't get to do the contest, the reason Saturday out surpassed Fridays stressful events, the reason why I knew if we didn't do this for Charlie and myself we would of been heart broken. Once we had gotten through the crowds and had done a few things, my wife wanted to check to see where the autograph area was......and that's when my anxiety kinda kicked in but in a GOOD WAY!! I was going to be able to have Charlie meet him in her costume and all would finally come full circle....just didn't know what his reaction would be to it.

So this is how it went, we started to walk up to the autograph areas and quickly spotted his sign
View attachment 1521498
Charlie wanted a picture of it with her next to it....it was exciting for the both of us.
View attachment 1521499

We then looked over and he was talking to some fans ahead.....whats funny is during this time my wife and I are going back and forth. She wanted me to check in with him early (our times were set for 2:40pm) and it was 12......and I didn't want to go and get turned down and my wife was like: JUST GO get it going, what do you got to loose!!! lol During that time he noticed us and you could see him smile and leaned over to his mom (Julie) and then we saw her react. I finally got the courage to just get up there (I swear I felt like I myself was 11 years old ready to meet my all time movie hero). So we slowly made our way to him......I captured ALL on video as a typical dad would!! lol

The reaction from the folks talking to max was the reaction all day of the costume.....I felt as if it was surreal since it was all hitting me now!!

Then we got up the and the gentleman next to max said it be just fine to meet him now and get things signed etc. My wife was right......and thus my anxiety went away before long. This young man as I've stated in my media outlets was incredible and was blown away at all the detail. So much he did something for us I was absolutely NOT expecting him to do AND his mom helped greatly with it all.....to the point I even have messages from Momma Jenkins!!!!! HOW INCREDIBLE IS THAT!!!! Watch second video....its all hitting me hard and I had to hold back tears of joy as I was watching the REAL WILL ROBINSON look through my replica book.

After this video the whole reason I started building this suit for my daughter came all back to me.....Julie Jenkins asked for my info so she could get a hold of me as soon as Max got a hold of Mina. I COULD NOT believe how incredible this young man was, took time to make my daughters dream come true while also realizing mine as a fan and cosplay builder of her suit. He was in complete awe of everything. His kind words were like heaven to my ears as all I've worked so hard for was now being judged by the person whom wore similar suit. Everything again FULL CIRCLE and when julie texted, I was quick to answer!!!
View attachment 1521513View attachment 1521517View attachment 1521518
and we were across the building when that happened so my daughters and wife all damn near fast walked back.....unfortunately my son and his girlfriend Daisy (whom did her hair) were shopping around so they weren't close by. This third video was beyond awesome and was the video that EVERYONE was circulating around once Max posted it on his social media. Truly blessed this all happened to me but more that my daughter got to be this character and everyone praised how great she looked etc.

Here is what she looked like towards the end....once the mentioned 18lbs. got taken off....she was still able to be in costume, which is what impressed a lot of people as we left the building!! The photo op was REALLY cool and something to hold onto for a long time!
View attachment 1521519View attachment 1521520

Thanks to each and everyone here at the RPF whom took the time to cheer me on, suggested things and were all in all incredibly friendly through my process. I am beyond happy with the outcome of this all.......our 15 minutes of fame will slowly come to a close and I know the suit may likely not make it to next year or maybe Charlie won't fully outgrow it and I can get 1 more wear out of it. The fact is I don't care because what happened to us Dec. 11th 2021 will forever be in our hearts. It truly showed us that a proud father and his daughter can pull off the impossible as long as you can do what is on her shirt....the start of a journey that took us from being Lost in Space.....to finding our way!!

View attachment 1521516

THANK YOU MAX, MINA JULIE and all whom made Netflix's Lost In Space 1,2,3 a success and a dream for a little artist and his family!!
and thank you RPF for having some of the greatest artists/fans/builders in the world.............

WE ARE FANS FOREVER!!!(y):cool::)
I have never been more disappointed that I missed a convention then I am now after seeing this. What a hit. So happy for you folks.

I have never been more disappointed that I missed a convention then I am now after seeing this. What a hit. So happy for you folks.
Dan you have no idea my friend HOW BADLY we wanted to see you there. Like to the point Charlie asked me 3 different times if you were gonna be there with the Don suit...lol. Was truly looking forward to it but even the timing for all this and how all worked out was for us like 1 in a million. Specially after the show being over a gew weeks prior to us going. I can only hope that you continue with yours and get a chance to meet one of them in person as we did.
Charlie turns 12 today....and i tried having her put suit on and it is getting tighter by the minute.

Lol trust me there was a lot of Onions during that time being cut!! lmao
My family has been my all, they all have supported my art and have always helped out in every way they could. To have been able to do this for my daughter and myself was a tremendously great feeling. To have seen the same family dynamics right before us and have my family see another great family was icing on the cake. The Jenkins and the Sundwall families are truly inspiring and you can see it in how they manage their lives.

The Fandom that has been created have embraced all of this in a way I never expected. It really goes to show that family isnt always defined by whom you came from but by who took the time to help you and cheer you on along the way. I'm eternally greatful this all came full circle and know there will be a time in our lives here we will look back and say: "I really did that, how awesome was that day!"

Thank you joberg for cheering me on during the whole process along with all the other members in here. It truly helped keep me fueled and pushed me to get it done. All of my failures during the whole process seemed like nothing once I started getting feedback from everyone. I hope to be able to keep bringing everyone the same joy I brought to my daughter.

Now, it'll be time to figure out what to do next........
Sorry for the late reply to your kind words. It was a pleasure to see your build and the dedication you showed, as a Father, to make Charlie feel special:cool: The results were fantastic and meeting the stars of the series was a big + for sure. It's nice to see nice and gracious people interact with fans the way they did. As for the costume...maybe another 11 year old girl would be happy to wear it;)

Sorry for the late reply to your kind words. It was a pleasure to see your build and the dedication you showed, as a Father, to make Charlie feel special:cool: The results were fantastic and meeting the stars of the series was a big + for sure. It's nice to see nice and gracious people interact with fans the way they did. As for the costume...maybe another 11 year old girl would be happy to wear it;)
Oh no worries at all on the reply.....thanks again for all the kindness and TRUST ME, I've got a 3 year old whom may possibly fit it....except hair is blonde! lol I thought about selling (then couldn't even fathom putting a price on something so dear to me) so then I told my wife I'd give it away.....to which she almost broke my arm....lol So next best thing (suggested by her) was to get a mannequin sized for it and display it in our movie room. So THAT I know i can do....lol
20220205_154524.jpg

On a side note, Saturday was her 12th birthday and she got a few NASA inspired goodies...including her 3DMinikin 9" figure we ordered while we were in Chicago. She LOVES anything space related and we will likely be heading to Florida to visit my folks, go to the Magic Kingdom and take a trip to Kennedy Space Center this Year (likely right after Christmas).

Last edited:
So I've been trying my damnest to stay away from an uncontrollable itch to build something else (particularly the ROBOT in Lost In Space!!! lol)....like bad, mainly because my wife has forbidden it until AFTER this year vacation plans...lol.
Reason I am posting this is because the more I try to push it away the more things I hadn't seen before come to light. Such is the case of the pictures bellow that truly were amazing to see because I hadn't seen one shot in particular. When i originally did the Penny Replica journal I could only see the outside shots of it. So I got about 15 screenshots of it to try to replicate it as best as I could and imagine how the words would look like had Penny (at my daughters age) wrote them. The inside was the only thing i had no idea how to go about other than one of the episodes introduced a piece of the poisonous kelp ( I managed to have a screenshot I took from the show, which I made from one of our tree leaves...lol). Honestly if there was an episode with the words shown I completely missed it and would be mad right now because it would of been wayyyy easier (went through about 3,000 fonts on my program).
So, yesterday I managed to catch an auction going on @prop_store and I almost passed out....lol They have sooooo many items that I can only wish I could purchase from the show....but at the moment wayyyyy out of my budget.
Screenshot_20220207-083312_Chrome.jpg

Well, within the items I saw the Penny Robinson Cold Weather Jacket (worn by @minasundwall) being auctioned off ANDDDDD which came with an item I seriously was sooo happy to see (whom ever gets it should be so lucky, although mine signed by Max is super special to us). The item of course was Penny's Journal along with 2 of the pencils used.
What caught my eye though was that the item had a picture of not just the outside but also of the inside!!!!:love:
As I stared at it in disbelief I also got a huge reality slap in the face....to the point I had to quickly scroll through all my pics I had saved from the show and here. I had realized that out of the 3,000 fonts I had found for the inside I VERY LUCKILY had found an almost matching font!!! HOW FREAGGIN' COOL IS THAT!!! Bellow are the screen shots of the items.....I can honestly say I was truly blessed by seeing this and love being able to share it. on the comparison pic the bottom 2 are mine.....I was pretty close and wish I could of had these as reference when I first started making it. Probably could of gotten an exact hit!!! lol
Screenshot_20220206-072301_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220206-072254_Instagram.jpg
20220206_133551.jpg

In all I guess sometimes in our quest to accomplish something we sometimes get some sparkles of magic that we don't always set our eyes on. To me finding this little bit of heaven by something so simple TRULY made our day but also keeps my itch for building something else....

Maybe after this year, this could possibly make the cut? whoooo knows .......LOL :unsure:
robot.jpg

Until next time folks....thanks again for all the Love you have all shown. I will now be cheering on Danlex9 as he is taking his Don West Suit all the way to space and back. I honestly still wish I would of had him there with mini Penny and able to meet @maxwelljenkins/@minasundwall in Chicago....WOULD HAVE BEEN INCREDIBLY EPIC!!!!

Maybe someday my other little could make that happen?!
to be.jpg

Last edited:
Having that moment preserved within pages of a book, after completing I managed to move on to the yet NEXT thing on my list....Starting to think the Honey-DO list is MUCH easier than this costume...lol So the list called for attempting to replicate the boot....NOW, I had watched many videos on making boots from scratch and seriously was wayyyyy too overwhelming. Me trying to shuffle life and work and family meant I didnt have that kind of time....unless I was retired like my parents (i'm working towards it damn it!! lol). Soooo, I asked myself (and yes I do often find myself asking me questions and not always finding the asnwers...lmao) what would Rodnie do......and Rodnie came up with an idea that meant....yet another trip to the store. Well, 3 weeks into the trips (vacationing would have been much more fun then traveling from store to store) I finally landed at Target of all places. Seems in my search for the "perfect look a like boot" I stumbled onto a Cat & Jack TM boot that I simply could not pass up. Mind you I had already been damn near all over the place when I could and no boot looked like I wanted to look. This boot looked pretty damn close and would pretty much enable me to HOPEFULLY coast through the replicating.
View attachment 1439521
Soooo, after some major cutting and de-gutting of internal items not needed (ex: materials used to winterize the boot) I made sure she could wear these without feeling like she had her feet in a pot of boiling water...lol These boots took about 5 weeks total and could have been less time if I didnt have 90,000 other things to do...lol
View attachment 1439522View attachment 1439523View attachment 1439524
The End result was a fairly close look to them......i still need to do the spike like tread on bottom but I'll go back to that sometime soon. For now everything on this boot was made to withstand constant beating from walking/possible stumbling of her feet....lol The black on bottom is actually automotive undercoating....figured I'd incorporate automotive quality aerosols for longevity and wear. Once I get a little time to do the finishing touches...i will post it. For now here is the semi-finished picture AND the comparison ones.
View attachment 1439526
Original from show is on left...then target boots then where they sit at moment
View attachment 1439527
I found the actual boots they modified :) Neos Overshoe Winter Boots, Mens, 13M, Buckle, Plain, PR EXPG/XL | Zoro

EDIT:
I found the actual boots they modified :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back