Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

Got my spinners all finished today and thought I would show the process.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422227053.352409.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422227066.098445.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422227077.449126.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422227089.093710.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422227106.858928.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422227115.633158.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D'oh! It just occurred to me the front fender is missing one of the mounting brackets. Looks like I'm gonna have to dip into my plastic fund and pick up a new one off ebay.

D'oh! It just occurred to me the front fender is missing one of the mounting brackets. Looks like I'm gonna have to dip into my plastic fund and pick up a new one off ebay.

Are you referring to one of the fender braces? If so, I believe the rear only requires one after the skirt guard is attached.

20150126_175345.jpg
After a long day, I decided to hit the frame with some paint. Pretty good so far, but I just realized I'm out of white for the tank. I'll hopefully get the fenders sanded and painted by the end of this week.

Actually the Hollywood bike has a rear vertical brace, but it's made from some steel bar and the saddlebags bolt to it. So just use that one up front and then make the one for the rear.

Since I'm not using a screen accurate frame anyways, I actually plan on having the side bags mounted to the rear rack for easy removal if ever needed. But that indeed solves my fender problem, however it'll take me a while to get the rivet off.

When re-attaching the brace to the front fender, would a pop rivet do a good job of holding it on?

I don't have any idea what the actual size is or what they used, all I know is, it is bigger than standard bicycle brake cable, I would venture a guess of 8mm or 5/16"?, here is a pic I saved from a real prop bike that recently sold on Ebay:
$_57 (8).JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back