Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

I will do a full thread on my build, but I think I’m done for now

IMG_0375.jpeg

I’ve seen a few for sale in the $8k range
woah, i was not thinking that much. I just want a "Similar" bike. I don't need the horn and all those extra parts. A red Schwinn with the red/white tire swirls, some handlebar tassels would be sufficient to me, lol

1710613761970.png
I found this bike i am thinking of getting. No rust, just dust. I was thinking of buying it just cause it reminds me of pee-wees bike. How much is too much for this kind of bike? Its a columbia

Hi friends. Looking at this DX. Curious if it would make a good base for this build. Appreciate any perspective before I snap it up. Thanks!
IMG_9192.jpeg

Found parts aren’t just for Star Wars props! While digging on the Big Adventure bike, the center horn tank button was interesting to me.

Everyone that did replicas would just use a generic vintage starter button, which is close but not right.

The machined aluminum bezel was so unique. There was a theory that it was custom machined for the bikes, but looking at it from a prop maker perspective doing a bezel that detailed didn’t make much sense so I was convinced it was a found part.

Well it took quite a bit of searching, but I finally found the correct button. It is a vintage start button from the 1940s.

Digging up found parts is one of my favorite things about this hobby !
C093A005-F639-499F-942B-E6BC0A620964.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back