Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

I was just looking at the scooter the other day and was thinking, I'm glad they didn't make the bike also because it would had all just been plastic, decals and junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will using a clear coat keep chrome tape from peeling?
I was wondering whether I should use spray paint on the bags to give a silver but not quite chrome look, or go through the trouble of using the tape for the proper shine. Will the clear coat dull "chrome" spray paint?

My experience with trying to clear over that much tape was that the tape all lifted. This wasnt with the chrome tape though. I would do a test, but really I just wouldnt worry about it all. If you're concerned with lifting hit it with some extra strength spray adhesive before you lay it down.

I've seen 20" and 24" DX fiberglass reproductions now and then, but no 26" that I recall, the tin re-pops that bicyclebones sells on Ebay are nice for $135 shipped, it would probably cost that in time and material to mold one and it wouldn't be as sturdy.

I have personally seen a 26" fiberglass tank, it was not well made. I have also seen a vacuum formed DX tank. It looked nice, but didnt hold up too well to real use. The bracketry inside can break pretty easily, and it can get banged up pretty quick.

Probably a pretty stupid question, but on smaller parts like the springer fork and rear rack, should I sand them like with the frame before priming? Or are those areas of little worry?

I would sand and prime everything you intend to paint, the extra time and effort will be worth it later, as an improperly prepped paint job tends to peel and crack after time because the new coat doesn't have anything to adhere to, it depends on how nice of a job you want to do.

Last edited:
Hi PeeWeeFan,I'm a looooongtime cyclist/racer and from what I've seen over the years Park brand is the industry standard but there's plenty that will do the job for less. I would shy away from the "ironing board" style, too easy to tip over. The tripod style is very stable for light duty work and easily stow-able but nothing compares to the 1/4" steel plate bolted to the floor models, and that would be Park again.Check Craigslist first then see if there's a Performance Bike or REI near you. They always have a clearance section somewhere in the store.Online would be Bike Nashbar. Pedro's,Spin Doctor,Minoura are some to consider too. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Does the tiger siren mic hang connected to the side of the housing or somewhere on the handlebars?
And what are the connection options other than velcro?

Indianabric said: "
Does the tiger siren mic hang connected to the side of the housing or somewhere on the handlebars?
"

Actually, they had it both ways in the movie, I put mine on the handlebars with the bracket that came with the original siren
my bike and tiger sirens 018.JPGmy bike and tiger sirens 026.JPG

My siren did not come with the hardware to mount the microphone to the handlebars. I have been considering modifying a handlebar cable clamp.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi PeeWeeFan,I'm a looooongtime cyclist/racer and from what I've seen over the years Park brand is the industry standard but there's plenty that will do the job for less. I would shy away from the "ironing board" style, too easy to tip over. The tripod style is very stable for light duty work and easily stow-able but nothing compares to the 1/4" steel plate bolted to the floor models, and that would be Park again.Check Craigslist first then see if there's a Performance Bike or REI near you. They always have a clearance section somewhere in the store.Online would be Bike Nashbar. Pedro's,Spin Doctor,Minoura are some to consider too. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice! I definitely want to get something stable, especially since these older bikes are heavier than the newer aluminum and carbon fiber ones.

Would clear coat be necessary for the paint or should the paint hold up alright on its own?

And would some white acrylic paint do any good for the pinstripes, or what about some airbrush paint or spray paint?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back