PARKS USK (ITBEDAVE) PRE-ORDERS....

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by clancampbell, Jul 7, 2005.

1. clancampbell

clancampbell Sr Member

OK, I don't want to get all heavy here, but i preordered a parks USK through our dear Itbedave who has been good enough to try and keep things moving and keep customers updated.
    Thing is, there's been no updates since 1st June and it's dragged on so long that i emailed Dave and asked him for a refund as i've waited way too long. I haven't heard anything.

Is Dave OK? (I hope he is.) Could he please help me out with my kit/refund please?

Thanks people :)

2. danvader

danvader Well-Known Member

I tried to contact him several times too but no answer.
    Dave....if you read this....it would be great to have an update ;)

3. gokarosama

gokarosama Well-Known Member

Ah, yes.

4. stormpath

stormpath Active Member

I know he is on vacation with no web access now... I think he will post a reply at once when he come back from the trip...

5. Goffcorp

Goffcorp New Member

Did you receive a partial order (everything but the Kobold & some MPP parts) or nothing at all? I know the Kobold hasn't even been fabricated by Parks at this point... Figured that piece is going to be a long wait for all of us.

Goffcorp

6. JoMamma_Smurf

JoMamma_Smurf Master Member

I recieved my partial order......and I want the rest.........But mine came strait from Parks.

7. clancampbell

clancampbell Sr Member

I personally placed my order about a year ago and have received nothing. Granted i'm in the UK and Dave did state that he'd only be shipping foreign orders when EVERYTHING was in.....but it's just taken WAY too long now.....i'd rather have my money back now. I honestly thought i'd have plenty of time to do the Obi-wan before Sith was released...well, it's been and gone.......

Rich

8. Gigatron

Gigatron Sr Member

I ordered my kit many, many moons ago as part of a bulk order (long before the boycott). I haven't seen anything yet (no sabers, parts etc.), but I'm not holding Dave responsible. Way I look at it, he did us a big favor and now he's stuck in the middle. I'm sure he'll give updates when he has them. But you would think with all the cancellations due to the boycott (or so you would gather from the threads around here), there would be just that many more kits floating around waiting to go the next people in line. I don't have figures for how many people purchased a kit through Dave and how many of those people cancelled. I can"t imagine it to be a large number.

Despite the whole thing between JP and GH (and I really do feel for GH), the deal is too good to pass up. $207 with shipping for 2 iconic sabers and a droid caller; can't beat that price. I just paid $150 on ebay for a single MPP replica (don't know the maker), but for another $50 you get an Obi ANH and a droid caller.

I'll wait paintently, the money's already spent. I don't have to save up and it didn't put me in the poor house. I'm sure if things get out of hand, you can still get a refund.

-Fred

9. Darth Lars

Darth Lars Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Well said.

I started saving money for this kit when I first heard about it, in february last year.
    I can wait for as long as it takes for my own kit but I have also ordered one for a friend and I can't say how long he is going to stay patient.
    I can't praise Dave enough for how a great guy he is for holding the bulk order for the community, which we should remind ourselves that he is doing for ... well ... nothing but our gratitude. He has always been very good to communicate with, having answered all of my annoying questions thoroughly. :lol
    I don't know if anybody else on this board could have done it much better this far.

Even though I am anxiously looking forward to Dave's next update, has anyone else talked to Parks lately?

10. clancampbell

clancampbell Sr Member

Well gigatron and darth lars.....the tone of your replies indicates that you think i feel in some way agrieved with the bulk order deal in some way.
    Not so.

I emailed Dave a couple of times last year to basically pat him on the back for undertaking such a task. I know it's a fab deal.....that's why i participated....

Your money may well already be spent, as is mine, however, having recently lost my job, and having a wife and 3 kids, i find myself in the position of no longer being able to wait for such luxury items as lightsaber parts.......i need the money back now. I simply can't afford to wait.
    That's the story...

Rich

11. Jockavich

Jockavich Well-Known Member

bUMP

12. danvader

Any news from itbedave ?

13. Jockavich

Update is up on his site.
    Good to hear from you mate :thumbsup

14. Sporak

Sporak Sr Member Gone but not forgotten.

You beat me to it my friend...here's the address for the update.
    http://www.kennertoys.com/users/itbedave/uskframeset.html

Dave great news...

I know it's rough, I was in a similar situation the first of April...my wife was in the hospital and I had to keep everything going...

Props are Props..but Life is Real.

15. James Kenobi 1138

James Kenobi 1138 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

It was kinda hard to talk to Jeff Parks in San Diego last week and see him selling MPP's and Obi Sabers left and right when I'm in for 2 kits and over a year in the waiting.................

16. GeorgeC

GeorgeC Well-Known Member

Man,

This sounds like a nightmare for the people waiting for the kit.

I'm glad I DIDN'T order it from Parks. (I haven't ordered kit, PERIOD, because of all this B.S. It seems better just to pay extra to get a FULL prop as opposed to a 2/3 ready prop. This is just getting to be a big pain for other people....)

Feel bad for Dave, though. Definitely feel bad for him. He's as much as victim as anybody else.

And yes, it stinks for everybody else about what happened at SDCC. This does not paint a pretty picture of Parks... I'm not saying anything done was intentionally illegal, but the ethics -- well, they might just be a bit wonky if you know what I mean.

17. clancampbell

clancampbell Sr Member

Nice to know that Dave's OK. Best wishes and get well soon to his missus.

Rich

18. Ghost Host

Ghost Host Sr Member

Yes, it doesn't help support Parks proponents who have been telling me that key parts of his MPPs are not yet done and he will make things right in the end. Frankly I am not surprised at this and view it as a further illustration of the type of morals Mr. Parks has.

19. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Sr Member

I was working with Jeff this past week at ComiCon, every day from 7am til well past closing. He had 4 Obi's and 20 MPP's for the Con, 15 of which were given away free to clubs that he was sponsoring. Some shop owner came and bought the remaining Obi's and MPPs the first day of the Con, so I'm not sure how you could have seen Jeff selling them left and right. ???

At any rate, the MPPs that he had there were rejects, not up to full snuff, but not worth sending back to the manufacturer.

Jeff *was* selling his Avenger EL saber at the Con, which is made to resemble the Obi but on closer inspection all the parts are different except for the pommel. Is that the saber you were referring to?

20. itbedave

itbedave New Member

Hey guys - yeah, I'm still around, but if you read the update from this week - you'll understand why I've not been around recently. Sorry about the lack of updates - but life deals us all the unexpected once in awhile (just like lost jobs and sick spouses) - and I just had my fill of them since about the beginning of June - so that's why I've not been online much at all, and slow to respond to PMs and e-mails.

Thanks for your kind words of support as well - they are so much appreciated. Hopefully this will be resolved (mostly) soon.

21. DarthZairr

DarthZairr New Member

i know this does not have anything to do with the kit but.. i ordered a parks shadow on april 25 (right afther C3) and about 4 weeks ago i called him and asked him how was it coming and he said 3 weeks and it will be done. it has been 4 1/2 weeks and still no park saber yet. then i called him a week ago and his answering machine said that they were at comic-con. well a day after CC i called again and still a answering machine. what should it do????? Help

22. Jockavich

Hey Dave, any updates? :p

23. clancampbell

clancampbell Sr Member

Yeah, it's getting to be like once a month or more.....PLEASE..... WHERE@S THE KITS MAN?
    R

24. steveday72

steveday72 Well-Known Member

Get in touch with Obi-Wan ... he's your only hope.

I'm one of those who's been waiting for over a year now - it seems that Jeff Park is just unreliable. According to his stories, it's always somebody else's fault.

For anyone on ITBEDAVE's list, here's the link to his update page... (The last update was currently 7/21/05.)

Steve

25. danvader

Any News ?

26. clancampbell

clancampbell Sr Member

Once a month just aint cutting it any more.
    We've been waiting over a year now....
    Rich

27. landofmilkandhoney

landofmilkandhoney New Member

As someone who ordered the Kenobi kit and the droid caller in June of 04, I too am anxious on this, but don't blame itbedave, and certainly sympathize with what is a tight spot in the midst of life's many concerns.

Something I had inquired about in the past, though, was if he put up a list of people who had signed up for the kits, so we could know where we are all at on that list. While I know some have gotten part of their order, many like myself have not yet received anything. It would be a great thing to know if I was, say, next in line, versus, another 30 people down the list. However, Dave seemed concerned with issues surrounding confidentiality. Still, it'd be a nice thing to know where I stand in line...

28. OdiWan72

OdiWan72 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

29. OdiWan72

OdiWan72 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Anyone who was/is succesfull contacting itbedave??

I sent him several mail, asking for a partial shipment of just the Obi kit, the MPPs and a Graflex I ordered and paid back the days. No reply as of yet :(

Is he/his wife o.k.???

Markus

30. clancampbell

clancampbell Sr Member

No, i'm not getting at Dave. I think he was being extremely good and helpful to get us the discounted kits.

It's just the length of time involved now. I'm pretty sure i was in on the deal fairly early, however, being in the UK i have to wait until the whole kit can be shipped as one item.

I have to admit to being a bit annoyed at the delay, (not at Dave...probably at Jeff.) and even went so far as to ask for a refund. But i was told that's not an option now and the best i can hope for is for Dave to sell my kit and send me the dosh. THAT, IMO, isn't an option either. So i'm going to have to wait.

I really thought i'd have my sabers in time for Ep3.....now i'm thinking i might be lucky to get them in time for the TV show.

Rich

p.s.....i bet Dave wishes he'd never taken this chore on.....

31. PeaceMaker

PeaceMaker New Member

well from what i keep reading on these forums is that parks or anyone assosiated with parks are bad.

32. JediHomer

JediHomer Sr Member

peacemaker... for someone with a screen name such as that, i found your post contradicting, nothing in your post was what i'd consider making peace.

are you stating that you've read somewhere that 'anyone', including itbedave, is a "bad" person? if so, i'd like to see that evidence proving.

i've known dave for over 4 yrs now and can say on MANY levels he's an upright man and genuine lover of this prop hobby. insinuating he's a bad person because of another persons' delays is completely unfair.

yes, he prob. does regret getting involved but, he stands by jeff parks. from what i know of dave, he has NEVER screwed anyone on anything.

for the record, since some are asking, his wife is on the mends now and dave's personal life is getting back on track. i'll not defend the project, jeff parks' or the delays regarding but, seeing someone attack another person's reputation and/or character... i will defend that person if i disagree.... and i do here.

33. dcarty

dcarty Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The thing you have to understand is that when the idea for this project was conceived, over a year ago, Jeff Parks was a bloody hero around here. He'd stood up to Lucas' lawyers and won the right to make lightsabers, and he'd just finished his first run of the most accurate Graflex replica ever produced. Now he was going to make the most accurate MPP and a lot of people wanted in (I'm still waiting for mine too unfortunately). Similar, successful, group purchases had been made of the Graflex and those sorts of group buys go on here all the time. Parks was the Golden Boy--why would we all knowingly get involved with someone who would potentially screw us over??.. Things didn't start to go sour until several months after many of us had invested our money--and Ghost Host had invested his MPP.

The reasons for Parks being considered "bad" are well documented in this thread:

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=84328

We all got involved in this project with the best of intentions as did Ghost Host, Dave, and even Jeff Parks. Dave is trying to hold up his end of a very unpleasant deal where Jeff Parks, frankly, weasled out. It's sad that someone who was once held in such high esteem around here has behaved so wretchedly and I hope that someday he gets the guts to make amends.

Dave C.

34. danvader

"Dave is an upright man and genuine lover of this prop hobby"
    Yes , I agree with you.
    Dave is a great man and is not responsible for this delay.
    The problem comes from Parks because this delay is becoming very frustrating.... :(

35. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'll second that - I don't call many in this hobby a friend, but Dave is one of the few I have and I very much have a hard time watching someone take a personal cheap shot at a friend who has been through a personal hell as of late.

Be mad at the situation that he is stuck in, just like the rest of us - yes he is in the middle of this with us. I am still waiting on a whole kit as well as parts from 2 others, and I will continue to wait patiently because I know deep down it is far from Dave's fault that the delays happened.

Dave

36. clancampbell

clancampbell Sr Member

Agreed.

i'm of the opinion that if Dave knew then what he knows now.....he wouldn't have taken this project on. And i for one wouldn't blame him. I've had several communiques with Dave and i like and respect the guy. The problem is that we can't contact Jeff Parks and tell him to get his finger out his *, can we? I'd love to know how many people have had their complete kits....

rich

37. Sporak

Sporak Sr Member Gone but not forgotten.

Guys, I'm waiting with the rest of you...but I'm NOT waiting on Dave...

Dave himself has helped me out on several occasions and I too consider him a friend.

He's got nothing to do with the project at all...he just volunteered to make the bulk order for all of us...that's all.
    He isnt any more associated with Parks than any of us...
    He's also a waiting customer...LIKE US.

To anyone complaining about the frequency of updates...he doesn't have to update us at all...that was set up for OUR benifit just because he wanted to...that's all.

If you want any new info I suggest you call Parks yourselves and update the rest of us here...

38. fried mon calamari

fried mon calamari Well-Known Member

Well said you guys and I couldn't agree more.

Dave has been nothing but a saint for the work and headache that he has taken on in trying to make this happen for everyone. Yeah, I'm waiting on stuff too, and would surely like to have it as it was paid for over a year ago, but I don't hold Dave responsible for it 1 iota.

If your upset about the situation, or have a bad taste in your mouth about it, that's fully understandable, but keep it aimed in the right direction. Dave's shouldered a ton of work on our behalf and doesn't deserve to be shat on for the effort.

39. clancampbell

clancampbell Sr Member

....everyone seems of the opinion that I, or someone else is getting at Dave.

As i've stated clearly before, that's not the case.

I blame Jeff Parks. He made a bulk order with Dave on our behalf. We are all grateful for the discount and equally grateful to Dave for shouldering the burden of logistics for this project.

Sporak....I complained about the frequency of updates because Dave told us he would update us regularly via his website. I appreciate that he has had problems with his home life....and i also agree that home life always takes priority over whinging arsed twats wondering whats happening with our coveted bits of metal and plastic.

As stated before by me, i bet Dave wishes he hadn't taken on this project.

Don't be so defensive people....all i asked for was an update..... :rolleyes

Rich

40. DrStranglove

DrStranglove Sr Member

It is not that everyone who ever spoke to Parks is bad, it is that Parks is bad so they get coloured by his badness.

Personally if I were you guys, I would file a complaint with the anti fraud center of the Department of Justice

41. JediHomer

JediHomer Sr Member

....asking for an update is cool, don't be so defensive.

B)

...and, i agree with doc.... you guys want to do anything, file a claim and/or call jeff telling him you're doing so.

-pat.

42. clancampbell

clancampbell Sr Member

Sorry for being touchy....

Going on Mr. Parks' attitude and responses to us proppers lately, i don't think calling him or filing a claim would do much good. just look at how he responded to the guy who loaned him a nice MPP.....

i just want what i paid for....and to play with my toys.

Rich

43. DrStranglove

DrStranglove Sr Member

It would if you actually did it. People get very open when cops and DA'a start calling them. Just ask Jedi 135...

44. clancampbell

clancampbell Sr Member

In which case i guess we'd have to get a petition together....

Rich

45. DrStranglove

DrStranglove Sr Member

That will not do anything.

You have to complain to your local law enforcement agency.

46. PeaceMaker

PeaceMaker New Member

well i wasnt really trying to start anything, i just read theres a bunch of people like boycotting him or something like that. i read a while that parks lied to ghost host and replaced one of his parts or something. i wasnt trying to start anything.

47. PeaceMaker

PeaceMaker New Member

also i didnt "take a stab at dave". he sounds like an ok guy, parks was who i mainly meant in my original post. hope no harm has been done.

48. danvader

Did someone succeed in contacting Dave or Jeff Parks ?
    I sent e-mail to Dave....but no answer....Is he OK ?

49. OldKen

OldKen Master Member

how much is this infamous, yet nonexistent kit???

not that i want to give them any more money till after i knew you guys actually recieved it...

50. GeorgeC

GeorgeC Well-Known Member

The kit was retailing for $250, and no, nobody has gotten a full kit from all I've read about it.

I seriously was tempted to get it because I want to build my own sabers and the cost sounded good but obviously it was too good to be true.

You have to feel sympathy for the people who have been waiting over a year for a full kit. This leaves egg on their faces and it's completely ruined Parks' reputation.

There's no question there's a lot of bad blood over this fiasco. A few months delay is one thing, a year or more wait is another.