PARKS USK (ITBEDAVE) PRE-ORDERS....

clancampbell

Sr Member
OK, I don't want to get all heavy here, but i preordered a parks USK through our dear Itbedave who has been good enough to try and keep things moving and keep customers updated.
Thing is, there's been no updates since 1st June and it's dragged on so long that i emailed Dave and asked him for a refund as i've waited way too long. I haven't heard anything.

Is Dave OK? (I hope he is.) Could he please help me out with my kit/refund please?

Thanks people :)

I tried to contact him several times too but no answer.
Dave....if you read this....it would be great to have an update ;)

I know he is on vacation with no web access now... I think he will post a reply at once when he come back from the trip...

Originally posted by clancampbell@Jul 7 2005, 08:22 AM
OK, I don't want to get all heavy here, but i preordered a parks USK through our dear Itbedave who has been good enough to try and keep things moving and keep customers updated.
Thing is, there's been no updates since 1st June and it's dragged on so long that i emailed Dave and asked him for a refund as i've waited way too long. I haven't heard anything.

Is Dave OK? (I hope he is.) Could he please help me out with my kit/refund please?

Thanks people :)
[snapback]1028262[/snapback]​

Did you receive a partial order (everything but the Kobold & some MPP parts) or nothing at all? I know the Kobold hasn't even been fabricated by Parks at this point... Figured that piece is going to be a long wait for all of us.

Goffcorp

I personally placed my order about a year ago and have received nothing. Granted i'm in the UK and Dave did state that he'd only be shipping foreign orders when EVERYTHING was in.....but it's just taken WAY too long now.....i'd rather have my money back now. I honestly thought i'd have plenty of time to do the Obi-wan before Sith was released...well, it's been and gone.......

Rich

I ordered my kit many, many moons ago as part of a bulk order (long before the boycott). I haven't seen anything yet (no sabers, parts etc.), but I'm not holding Dave responsible. Way I look at it, he did us a big favor and now he's stuck in the middle. I'm sure he'll give updates when he has them. But you would think with all the cancellations due to the boycott (or so you would gather from the threads around here), there would be just that many more kits floating around waiting to go the next people in line. I don't have figures for how many people purchased a kit through Dave and how many of those people cancelled. I can"t imagine it to be a large number.

Despite the whole thing between JP and GH (and I really do feel for GH), the deal is too good to pass up. $207 with shipping for 2 iconic sabers and a droid caller; can't beat that price. I just paid $150 on ebay for a single MPP replica (don't know the maker), but for another $50 you get an Obi ANH and a droid caller.

I'll wait paintently, the money's already spent. I don't have to save up and it didn't put me in the poor house. I'm sure if things get out of hand, you can still get a refund.

-Fred

Well said.

I started saving money for this kit when I first heard about it, in february last year.
I can wait for as long as it takes for my own kit but I have also ordered one for a friend and I can't say how long he is going to stay patient.
I can't praise Dave enough for how a great guy he is for holding the bulk order for the community, which we should remind ourselves that he is doing for ... well ... nothing but our gratitude. He has always been very good to communicate with, having answered all of my annoying questions thoroughly. :lol
I don't know if anybody else on this board could have done it much better this far.

Even though I am anxiously looking forward to Dave's next update, has anyone else talked to Parks lately?

Well gigatron and darth lars.....the tone of your replies indicates that you think i feel in some way agrieved with the bulk order deal in some way.
Not so.

I emailed Dave a couple of times last year to basically pat him on the back for undertaking such a task. I know it's a fab deal.....that's why i participated....

Your money may well already be spent, as is mine, however, having recently lost my job, and having a wife and 3 kids, i find myself in the position of no longer being able to wait for such luxury items as lightsaber parts.......i need the money back now. I simply can't afford to wait.
That's the story...

Rich

Originally posted by clancampbell@Jul 9 2005, 07:28 PM
Well gigatron and darth lars.....the tone of your replies indicates that you think i feel in some way agrieved with the bulk order deal in some way.
Not so.

I emailed Dave a couple of times last year to basically pat him on the back for undertaking such a task. I know it's a fab deal.....that's why i participated....

Your money may well already be spent, as is mine, however, having recently lost my job, and having a wife and 3 kids, i find myself in the position of no longer being able to wait for such luxury items as lightsaber parts.......i need the money back now. I simply can't afford to wait.
That's the story...

Rich
[snapback]1030076[/snapback]​
bUMP

It was kinda hard to talk to Jeff Parks in San Diego last week and see him selling MPP's and Obi Sabers left and right when I'm in for 2 kits and over a year in the waiting.................

Man,

This sounds like a nightmare for the people waiting for the kit.

I'm glad I DIDN'T order it from Parks. (I haven't ordered kit, PERIOD, because of all this B.S. It seems better just to pay extra to get a FULL prop as opposed to a 2/3 ready prop. This is just getting to be a big pain for other people....)

Feel bad for Dave, though. Definitely feel bad for him. He's as much as victim as anybody else.

And yes, it stinks for everybody else about what happened at SDCC. This does not paint a pretty picture of Parks... I'm not saying anything done was intentionally illegal, but the ethics -- well, they might just be a bit wonky if you know what I mean.

Yes, it doesn't help support Parks proponents who have been telling me that key parts of his MPPs are not yet done and he will make things right in the end. Frankly I am not surprised at this and view it as a further illustration of the type of morals Mr. Parks has.

Originally posted by GeorgeC@Jul 22 2005, 08:45 AM
Man,

This sounds like a nightmare for the people waiting for the kit.

I'm glad I DIDN'T order it from Parks.  (I haven't ordered kit, PERIOD, because of all this B.S.  It seems better just to pay extra to get a FULL prop as opposed to a 2/3 ready prop.  This is just getting to be a big pain for other people....)

Feel bad for Dave, though.  Definitely feel bad for him.  He's as much as victim as anybody else.

And yes, it stinks for everybody else about what happened at SDCC.  This does not paint a pretty picture of Parks...  I'm not saying anything done was intentionally illegal, but the ethics -- well, they might just be a bit wonky if you know what I mean.
[snapback]1039528[/snapback]​

Originally posted by James Kenobi 1138@Jul 22 2005, 04:29 PM
It was kinda hard to talk to Jeff Parks in San Diego last week and see him selling MPP's and Obi Sabers left and right when I'm in for 2 kits and over a year in the waiting.................
[snapback]1039519[/snapback]​

I was working with Jeff this past week at ComiCon, every day from 7am til well past closing. He had 4 Obi's and 20 MPP's for the Con, 15 of which were given away free to clubs that he was sponsoring. Some shop owner came and bought the remaining Obi's and MPPs the first day of the Con, so I'm not sure how you could have seen Jeff selling them left and right. ???

At any rate, the MPPs that he had there were rejects, not up to full snuff, but not worth sending back to the manufacturer.

Jeff *was* selling his Avenger EL saber at the Con, which is made to resemble the Obi but on closer inspection all the parts are different except for the pommel. Is that the saber you were referring to?

Hey guys - yeah, I'm still around, but if you read the update from this week - you'll understand why I've not been around recently. Sorry about the lack of updates - but life deals us all the unexpected once in awhile (just like lost jobs and sick spouses) - and I just had my fill of them since about the beginning of June - so that's why I've not been online much at all, and slow to respond to PMs and e-mails.

Thanks for your kind words of support as well - they are so much appreciated. Hopefully this will be resolved (mostly) soon.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back