Painting Foamies

i've heard water down white elmers glue, and spray plasti dip. to be honest i just painted a foamie alien tail whip with nothing and it came out jsut fine. no cracking or anything. And yes i ran around whipping people with it, and still had no cracking or peeling..

foamies is basicly the spong material used it flip flops. different thickness, a lot of people use them to budget build armor. I've seen them at every art store i have ever been to.

Mac's hardware around these parts usually has large rolls of this stuff in different thicknesses and fairly cheap....I purchased a four foot by five foot piece of 1/4 inch for 10 bucks...

when people say foamies, they mean the craft foam you get at hobby lobby, walmart or just about anywhere.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=safari&rls=en&q=foamies+craft+foam&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=10334l12032l1l12699l11l10l0l0l0l1l449l3337l0.1.4.1.4l10l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&biw=1359&bih=780&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=fi

I use white glue and sometimes flexible polyester resin coating over foamies - then paint with plasti dip and acrylics.

HOWEVER

I still had a lot of trouble with multicolored foamies base colors still showing through after a lot of wear and tear (moving through crowds and tight spaces)- so I switched to purchasing only Brown anb Black Foamies to start with. Avoiding the Yellow, Green, Orange and other bright colored foamies

At least this way when foamie armor innevitably gets scraped, it doesn't show all rainbow bright under the paint scratches.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back