Painting Foamies

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Kellershark

What kind of paint should I use to paint foam and should I coat the foam prior to painting and what should I use to coat it? Thanks.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

berserk wolf

So that's why my foam butt flap still has spots of green foam showing! I was supposed to do that? And just typical glue?

bodiee

i've heard water down white elmers glue, and spray plasti dip. to be honest i just painted a foamie alien tail whip with nothing and it came out jsut fine. no cracking or anything. And yes i ran around whipping people with it, and still had no cracking or peeling..

bodiee

foamies is basicly the spong material used it flip flops. different thickness, a lot of people use them to budget build armor. I've seen them at every art store i have ever been to.

ghanley1

Mac's hardware around these parts usually has large rolls of this stuff in different thicknesses and fairly cheap....I purchased a four foot by five foot piece of 1/4 inch for 10 bucks...

xdmray

when people say foamies, they mean the craft foam you get at hobby lobby, walmart or just about anywhere.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=safari&rls=en&q=foamies+craft+foam&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=10334l12032l1l12699l11l10l0l0l0l1l449l3337l0.1.4.1.4l10l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&biw=1359&bih=780&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=fi

Cathat

I use white glue and sometimes flexible polyester resin coating over foamies - then paint with plasti dip and acrylics.

HOWEVER

I still had a lot of trouble with multicolored foamies base colors still showing through after a lot of wear and tear (moving through crowds and tight spaces)- so I switched to purchasing only Brown anb Black Foamies to start with. Avoiding the Yellow, Green, Orange and other bright colored foamies

At least this way when foamie armor innevitably gets scraped, it doesn't show all rainbow bright under the paint scratches.