Pacific Rim Ranger Bomber Jacket

FYI, here's a jacket that's very close. It's currently up for auction. Search "VTG JACKET WIND WARD HORSEHIDE."

$T2eC16VHJHgFFl-7tVUuBRgvscuEz!~~60_57.JPG$T2eC16NHJGYFFkn,pk3TBRgvs+yCyg~~60_12.JPG

There's a seller on eBay offering embroidered patches of the Gipsy Danger pin-up. However, there's also an interest thread in the JY for Gipsy and Striker patches, which look much better. FYI.

This an image of Raleigh's Construction worker jacket right sleeve.
There's a fabric patch over part of the lettering but I think it reads...

raleigh-construction.jpg

"C00LH84X"

Cool Hate For "X", X=the Unknown, and the unknown = Kaiju.

The "X" needs to be flipped if you use the specified font, and the letters need to be slightly
stretched vertically, but otherwise the font style fits.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I got them from the professional website of a costume armorer for Pacific Rim; Ciara Brennan.
She has since really heavily watermarked the images because so many people lifted the images from her site and put them on tumblr, pinterest, etc.

Last edited:
Thanks ciceleloo for the adress, nice stuff there.
I will work around thses watermarks to try to get a vector, to make some stickers of those symbols.
I really like tcherno team !

I have an old OD Green field jacket that I've had since the 1980s. When I was a kid, I wore it while
painting a boat... with marine paint.

Now, marine paint is designed to be waterproof, and after it gets on fabric like this... it's not coming off. Ever.

Originally I wanted to make an Aliens Lt. Gorman jacket, but the paint damage killed that idea, so I thought, what the heck,
I could use this for a rough and worn Pacific Rim inspired jacket. :)

I used one of the graphics supplied in this thread for the design. I found a font that closely matches the
sleeve text on his "Construction" jacket, and used that as well. About 8 hours with an xacto blade gave me the
stencil I used.

jacket-project1.jpg

Now, because it was just cardstock, and not adhesive vinyl or anything like that, I got a LOT of edge bleeding.
I cleaned the edges up a bit with some OD model paint. It worked better than expected.

jacket-project2.jpg

I intentionally left the smear on the feathers on the right. I thought it added character. :)

I also took a picture of the nose art from the bluray and will be making a "patch" for the chest. I used
printable fabric paper, purchased from Jo-Ann fabrics.

jacket-project3.jpg

I may add the construction jacket stencil to the sleeve as well. Haven't completely decided yet as it's a pain
to cut them out. :)

Nice. For your stencil (the next time you do one) spray the back with 3M 77 spray adhesive, let it dry then place on the jacket. It will give it enough stick to keep it from shifting around.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back