Pacific Rim Ranger Bomber Jacket

thanks! i couldn't find LeeS's patches on a junkyard search, so i thought they may no longer be available. and i noticed the tag after taking the photos. ;)

Yeah I looked for the sale thread in the JY but it's gone.
Might want to contact him direct to see if he has anything left.

I put the pin-up and defence patches on my parka for when I have to spend a few hours in the freezer at work.
Still need to paint the PPDC bird on my backpack.

FOUND 1...trying to figure out the right patch the left looks like the PPDC banner the is on the ground crew coveralls....
p10957720.jpg

Know the threads kinda dead but still practicing the pin up. Going to have the jacket made when I get to korea. They do custom work at reasonable prices.
uploadfromtaptalk1411622195725.jpg

So it's Halloween, and this was my choice of costume this year along with one of my friends who was Mako with a Gipsy Danger jacket. I just wanted to thank everyone in this thread for all the help. Almost all of the information I needed to make the outfit, I got from this thread. So thanks.
gdone.jpggdtwo.jpggdthree.jpg

I decided to put the badge on the jacket rather than a name patch. Personal preference. I saw the badges on etsy, but I wanted my name on the badge and I didn't want to wait 3-4 weeks to get it. I found the design online, cleaned it up, put my name in there, printed it on photo paper, cut it out, glued it to a piece of foam poster board that I had cut to shape, and super-glued a piece of metal to the back so I could hold it on with a magnet. I have a second one on the flight suit that has a pin clasp super-glued to it.

I'm looking into having a replica Gipsy Danger jacket made and have started looking into reference material... some of these have been posted before, but i thought it would be worth posting what i have in the hopes that it's useful to someone else as well...

Gispy Danger Logo.jpgKaiju Heads.jpgpacific rim jacket - back reference - 1.jpgpacific rim jacket - back reference - 2.jpgpacific rim jacket - back reference - 3.jpgpacific rim jacket - front reference - 1.jpgpacific rim jacket - front reference - 2.jpgpacific rim jacket - front reference - 3.jpgPin-Up Girl.jpg

I'm hoping to have the jacket made within the next few months ( money permitting )... i'm also wanting to have the artwork air brushed onto the jacket as i feel that would give it the most screen accurate look and feel, so i'm going to be looking into air brush artists and see if i'm able to find someone to do the artwork for me... if anyone's interested i'll post some pictures of the jacket once it's completed...

I don't think airbrushing would be the best looking as it looks hand painted on. I hand painted a leather with the nose art came out pretty good.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back