Pacific Rim Ranger Bomber Jacket

Nice. You could hide the extra seam (for the length extension) under the half belt, at least in the back. Any thoughts about adding the pockets to the front?

Nice. You could hide the extra seam (for the length extension) under the half belt, at least in the back. Any thoughts about adding the pockets to the front?

Thanks! And yeah, definitely hiding the extension in the back under the belt. The pockets are already on there, just my phone hates photographing this suede. They're the classic bomber (a2) style, with a top flap over the main pocket and also open slide in pockets over top on the sides.

It's amazing how few images there are of the Gipsy Danger bomber jackets. The Blu-ray should be out any minute now, but until then... I'm still looking through the teaser trailers and making-of featurettes trying to find any shots of the Becket Bros' jackets. Regarding the pin-up girl image, I think you were right in your initial assessment about the right foot. I think she's wearing high-heeled boots. (But is it the same image on the jackets as on the robot?)

About the jacket pockets, I don't know how accurate you're going, and it's hard to tell definitively what your pockets look like vs the GD jackets, but these are what I'm seeing on the GD jackets:

Perry.jpg

These would have the side-entry handwarmer pockets. The GD pocket flaps might not be scalloped, and they might not have handwarmers, but still. :)

Also, Joy, I browsed your site and holy cow, you have done some impressive work! :thumbsup

Since I can't leave this topic alone, here's maybe a better grab of Gipsy's pin-up girl.

Gun (possibly a minigun), bandoleer, leather pilot cap and goggles?

gipsy fix.jpg

saw it again today, even better the second time. They do show a shot of the back of the Russian jackets when they are looking at gypsy danger in the shatterdome. Gonna have to wait for the blu ray on that one. I thought the logo was a pinned on patch, didn't know the actual logo is all safety pins.

saw it again today, even better the second time. They do show a shot of the back of the Russian jackets when they are looking at gypsy danger in the shatterdome. Gonna have to wait for the blu ray on that one. I thought the logo was a pinned on patch, didn't know the actual logo is all safety pins.

Any ideas about prototype of their coats? (And I did not notice the fabric. Its linen or wool?)
Till 1945 no similar prototypes. Need search postwar uniform.
Or maybe it's unique design coat.

I haven't gotten the Pacific Rim art book yet but there's really no image of the nose art in it? That seems like a big oversight. Such great costumes in that film...

My apologies if this has already been confirmed, but it seemed like there was a bit of uncertainty about Gipsy's kill count. After they lit up Knifehead, Raleigh states something along the lines of intercepting a Kaiju and bagging their fifth kill. So, at the start of the film, when the jackets are seen, Gipsy would have four kills. After seeing the film three times, I'm pretty certain about that. Hope it helps!

I haven't gotten the Pacific Rim art book yet but there's really no image of the nose art in it? That seems like a big oversight. Such great costumes in that film...

Yeah, I have the art book and was bummed there was not a single good image of the Gipsy Danger nose art. What is really funny is they have great images of all the other jaeger artwork but not Gipsy!!!

But...the book is outstanding for everything else. It is a really fun read and tons of other costume/prop pictures!

Cross-posted from the Pacific Rim Pin Up girl thread:
I'm working on making a recreation of it based on the screencaps here. I'm drawing it by hand and I am going to 'ink' it and color it in photoshop when I am done with the sketch. Progress here. Nevermind the 'gun;' I'll work up a better when when I get my eyes on some references.

Also cross-posted with the same thread as mentioned above
the costume designer for the movie posted the pin up art that was on yancy and raleigh's bomber jackets!
Charlie's+pin+up+2.jpg
it has a different perspective than the one on gipsy danger ie its not distorted
im pumped as hell coz im making a gipsy danger jacket

ive been using this thread for a lot of reference in making my own jacket so thanks for the help basically :)
I'll probably post results here if it gets off the ground

also if anyone is interested in the insane cherno alpha safety pin logos the costume designer posted photos of those too
eagle+finished.jpg
from the back of Sasha's jacket ~18" wide
Skull+Pins.jpg
from the back of Aleksis' jacket also ~18" wide

I have been dying to get a Gipsy Danger Jacket done before the Con up here in SLC, UT. I worked with a friend who can paint and do some great sewing. I also have a flight suit made up to, which I can post some pix of too if anyone is interested. Our Pin Up girl was made up of whatever we could find on the web, and I think for what we had to work with she came out awesome. IMG_20130906_023957_674.jpgIMG_20130906_024018_739.jpgIMG_20130906_024022_754.jpgIMG_20130906_024027_632.jpgIMG_20130906_024050_564.jpgIMG_20130906_024138_076.jpg

See? I was right about the boots! :)

Thanks for posting that art! (I don't think the artist knows much about guns, but cool art nonetheless.)

Also cross-posted with the same thread as mentioned above
the costume designer for the movie posted the pin up art that was on yancy and raleigh's bomber jackets!
View attachment 227049
it has a different perspective than the one on gipsy danger ie its not distorted
im pumped as hell coz im making a gipsy danger jacket
ive been using this thread for a lot of reference in making my own jacket so thanks for the help basically :)
I'll probably post results here if it gets off the ground

Finally! LOL

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back