On The Drawing Board, But... Your Cancelled Project Thread

Nice job on the Christopher Lee Frankenstein!!

As far as skin tones go, I have had trouble with those as well; these two painting resources helped me tremendously. One is a post at OSW forums, while the other is a multi-part youtube series for painting 1/6 heads. Both are good for other applications as well: I also threw in a third for Tony Stark/ Iron Man:

One Sixth Warriors Head Repaint Tutorial-

Captain Kirk 1/6 Head Paint Tutorial (entire series on Youtube)-

Tony Stark 1/6 Head Repaint Tutorial (Youtube)-
Very cool! Will check em out.

And thanks! Really happt with how it turned out.

I wouldn't call this ABANDONED per se, as I have a 2nd TOS Enterprise 350 kit for this, but its more that I keep putting this project off due to fear of screwing it up. But anyhow, the idea is to take that kit and convert it into a ship I made in 3d for a fancomic I wanted to make. The USS CONDOR. View attachment 1819340View attachment 1819341View attachment 1819342View attachment 1819343View attachment 1819344

The physical mods are daunting enough, but I will have to either mod the PL light kit or more likely get something put together from a lighting kit. And its been a LONG time since I last did any wiring for lights so I am worried about screwing that up too.
WOW!! Didn't realize you also did Star Trek models (just comprehended that now)!

I started doing some research on painting figures in early 2000s and never got around to it. One problem I have with painting is that my brain likes things very structured so if it's a "just mix stuff until it looks right" I have trouble. I like steps; I can follow steps great. I remember reading an article in Modeler's Resource where the guy didn't prime the figure, his first coat was just drying brushing the plastic. I was like "WTH? That's not how you paint!" :lol:

I started doing some research on painting figures in early 2000s and never got around to it. One problem I have with painting is that my brain likes things very structured so if it's a "just mix stuff until it looks right" I have trouble. I like steps; I can follow steps great. I remember reading an article in Modeler's Resource where the guy didn't prime the figure, his first coat was just drying brushing the plastic. I was like "WTH? That's not how you paint!" :lol:
You'd hate watching me and my GF painting then. I do prime, but she doesn't, and we both almost always wing it when mixing colors, especially on figures.

I also break the rules regarding shading. I paint figures with a shading wash, then tons of drybrushing to build highlights.

I wanna learn how to do preshading. That is something I can't quite wrap my head around though lol.

Soooooooo many projects, many of which I need to get back to, but some of which would be more trouble than they're worth to finish up.

One that I am thinking of returning to is a 1:350 scale Romulan Bird of Prey vacuform kit that I was adding operating landing gear to. I got the mechanism working, but then the solder joints started breaking. I need to re-think how I built the mechanical parts before returning to that one again.

Another was a Klingon Bird of Prey that I was adding moving wings and super-detailing the exterior. But the mechanism I could never get right, and being a much younger modeler at the time I made a lot of mistakes which I need to rip out in order to make them again, better.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back