Oil Paintings featuring props I've made

Things have been so busy recently I just realised I hadn't posted an update here! Here's how the Goonies pic worked out.

Goonies-Complete.jpg

Goonies---Complete.jpg

Thanks guys.
That came out fantastic! Is the collection of items on the left side of your desk a hint of whats next?

Good spot, James! Yes, I've pretty much finished making items for the next painting, just need to sort out the composition.

Damn, you are a very talented artist. Do you sell your artwork or do prints?

I do sell my artwork. Originals are available through the Evergreen Gallery, prints are available through Saatchi Art.

Thanks everyone!
Krats Have you considered drawing one for Star Wars props?

Yes, it's definitely on the list and I've put a lot of thought into it. Obviously, there are so many iconic props but many of them tend to be weapons or helmets... which are large and aren't going to make for an attractive painting. I think when I pursue this I'll do a series of paintings, each one focussing on an individual character. That'll give me more room to feature some interesting items (and also be a great excuse to make more cool things).

If I were to go this route, are there any favourite characters you think might work well?

I'll be starting the Blade Runner painting soon, been sorting out the storage in my workshop which has slowed me down. Also, can you believe how difficult it is to make these little buggers?

BR-Unicorn.jpg

Incredible work.
I absolutely love your skill.
Do you also paint portraits? Would love an Indiana Jones or a Spielberg painting (as you said, loads of ideas on movie history)
Congrats and thanks for showing your remarkable work !

Incredible work.
I absolutely love your skill.
Do you also paint portraits? Would love an Indiana Jones or a Spielberg painting (as you said, loads of ideas on movie history)
Congrats and thanks for showing your remarkable work !

Thank you, and yes I have done a few portraits in the past. I was experimenting with recreating movie paintings like "Boy With Apple" from the Grand Budapest Hotel and I ended up painting a few pictures from Harry Potter... which led to a few portraits.

Snape-Print-Photo.jpg
Bellatrix-Print.jpg

I don't see The Goonies print on Saatchi Art, were these a limited number of prints?

Hi Morden, it's taken longer than usual to get the scan of the painting done but I think we're close now and hope to have prints available on Saatchi by the weekend!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back