Obi-Wan transistors

They are water activated “stickers” basically. You slide them off their backing, and onto the spot where you want them to stick. They are used on plastic scale models for intricate logos and the like.

packages_compare.JPG

View attachment 1375596

Left to right: TO-5 (Motorola), Marconi DAT11, TO-39

What are "water slide" decals teecrooz, I don't believe I'm familiar? And Same here scarf man. It will be a long ways off if I ever even do a vintage myself. The roman's properly weathered looks amazing. But the transistors just need a little TLC.

Are there actually any replicas in the correct size of the Marconi Elliott DAT11 pictured above? The replicas I've seen are too tall, like the TO-5.

I think a stamp would be much more accurate, although possibly harder to distribute to the masses.

Someone could 3D print a round stamp face the correct size out of something like ninjaflex with a 3D printed plastic handle, and once mailed the recipient could supply their own black ink pad to 'stamp' the top of a transistor.

The real ones are silk-screened, I believe, via roller process on the assembly line.

Someone could 3D print a round stamp face the correct size out of something like ninjaflex with a 3D printed plastic handle, and once mailed the recipient could supply their own black ink pad to 'stamp' the top of a transistor.

The real ones are silk-screened, I believe, via roller process on the assembly line.
Hmm, I actually have a device that can print this sort rubber stamps that you then dip in ink and apply. Not sure if it will work well for something that small, but I can give it a try when I have some time.

Hmm, I actually have a device that can print this sort rubber stamps that you then dip in ink and apply. Not sure if it will work well for something that small, but I can give it a try when I have some time.
If you do I'd be glad to help fund some of the work there.

View attachment 1381487

Are there actually any replicas in the correct size of the Marconi Elliott DAT11 pictured above? The replicas I've seen are too tall, like the TO-5.
RbreplicasStore sells a pair together with the washers that are very close if not exact match size wise to my DAT11s. However, they are machined from stainless steel, so are a bit too shiny out of the box.

The stamp will fit 3 markings, something like that (without the circles, they are just to show the scale):
View attachment 1381569
Do you think any of these looks good enough?
They all look great! The first on the left looks close I think though. I’d scale some for Romans especially though as that’s what the majority of people have, along with motorola.

It wasn't me, unfortunately... I wish I could help!
It was a long time ago, and I’m not in my twenties any more. Maybe it was JD I know it had something to do with pilots and Jd’s. lol
Anyway, sorry for rousting ya old timer. :)

I picked these up, not the right MA model, but they are the right company and size. I am happy they're the correct size, every Motorola one i've seen or bought are all the incorrect size, plus I might sudge up the writing underneath so you can't really make it out like on the real prop. The most important thing to me is I can tell from staring at the photos available till my eyes go buggy the size is correct.

MRu7zGU.jpg

Also what I noticed while making this picture is that to my eyes this little highlight is the "C" letter , although I can't say for sure maybe someone that have a "h" cap can compare
cold.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back