RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I think you may be right about what’s on the end cap. That’s very interesting.
Thanks for the tip! I have not really paid attention to how the cubes are setupI think you may be right about what’s on the end cap. That’s very interesting.
First, you nailed the IC (”transistor”) brand, model and size.
Then you nailed the IC spacing. That’s something I never noticed before.
Then I think you also have the correct end cap. Also, a highlight I never thought was significant before.
However, if you plan to stick with the Tunisia, you’ve got to flip the cubes on your faucet handle.
Hmm, looking closer - I actually might agree to this. Mine is a replica though so I guess no point to try to recreate that angle without the cap and compare.Some people maintain that the cap is actually missing in that image, and you're seeing the inside of the faucet knob.
Ya I that’s been pointing out over the years several times. Some swear it’s the tip of the “c” but who knows.
To me it looks like the cap is off completely in the Tunisia photo. You can see the inner ledge the cap would sit on. Could be my eyes playing tricks on me though...
I picked these up, not the right MA model, but they are the right company and size. I am happy they're the correct size, every Motorola one i've seen or bought are all the incorrect size, plus I might sudge up the writing underneath so you can't really make it out like on the real prop. The most important thing to me is I can tell from staring at the photos available till my eyes go buggy the size is correct.
View attachment 1382683
Nice! I think these are a VERY close candidate. They look so close, and I'm not sure how much closer we'll get, given that the chronicles photos are hard to make out that close up.
For me I feel like I found a better option. The other vintage aircraft ones ones I’ve seen people using and I bought some have the interior chamfer to almost a point which is inaccurate. Plus for these more correct 10 pin Marconi the hole isn’t big enough for them to fit through. I was having to flip them on the other side so the top of the washer was wider, boring them out for a bigger I.D. putting a new chamfer on that side and sanding off the brass color. The only benefit was they were vintage. These ones I found just need a chamfer which is the hardest part, but they are closer in the other ways described. Maybe next time I’ll find the exact ones. Fingers crossed.If they are not too hard to drill looks like they can be converted to match the real ones very well