Obi Wan Grenade Markings

corliss1

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey hey! Can anyone identify these markings on the windvane? I haven't seen exactly these posted before so I'm not sure what they are. In case it's not clear it reads "BW L2 London" on the side that screws into the grenade section.

In a related thought, could someone post pictures or a disassembled grenade so we could see inside? I didn't find much on my search.

Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 12.26.33 PM.png

Hey corliss1 ! Not sure if you mean looking 'down inside' or the parts that are inside, but here's some threads you missed in your search for 'parts inside'...

The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

Obi ANH Sabers: What do you have?

Some pics from my thread...

LIGHTSABER - OBI-WAN KENOBI - REAL PARTS BUILD - THE JOURNEY HAS BEGUN!~Ridire Firean

And this one just for fun...

If you need some 'down inside' pics, I can snap a couple for you. It's basically just a straight through 1-3/32" hole with ~7/32" of internal threads on the windvane side (Emitter side), and ~5/32" of internal threads on the cap side (GRAFLEX Clamp side).

Here's a BLUEPRINT for ya...

GRENADE - HALES - No 3 - BLUEPRINT - 001.jpg

teecrooz may have mentioned what the facility the stampings were from in another thread. I know I once knew the answer to your question, but I've forgotten.

One is the Cotton Powder facility. I’m not sure what this stamping on yours would be though. The grenades I’ve seen in person didn’t have this marking, or it had been worn off, or I just didn’t pay close enough attention.

Is this your windvane? Do you have the rest of the grenade (probably not since you are asking about the insides, but...)?

I do have the grenade body as well, but just trying to figure out what this is. I *think* I looked at most of the threads mentioned above, but I can't guarantee I've seen every picture.

Here's some more of my part...I'm leaning toward really nice replica? Maybe? The inscription on this is "The Cotton Powder Co Ltd London Hales Patent" Did any replica parts get that inscription? The grenade section does have the correct threads on both ends.

IMG_3913.JPG IMG_3914.JPG IMG_3915.JPG IMG_3916.JPG IMG_3917.JPG IMG_3918.JPG IMG_3919.JPG IMG_3920.JPG

Hey corliss1 ! I'm no expert, and there may be several variations, but I'm guessing that your inscription is laser etched. The two teecrooz gave me are stamped in there pretty deep. Someone would have had to have sanded them WAY down to be that lightly enscribed. And the apostrophe isn't the correct shape. Again, there could be variances, and I only have two to look at in hand.

The other thing that seems to be different on yours is the circular punch mark visible in your 3rd photo by your thumbnail. That mark is not present on either of mine.

Does yours have the groove on the neck that releases the shaft collar? I can't see one beneath your thumb.

I also don't see a windvane stop post on the neck.

And lastly, my two only have 6 threads inside the neck where it connects to the rifle rod. Yours has at least 9. Again there could be variances.

One of mine does have a stamping on the bottom, but it's "G.T.L."

If it is indeed a replica, it's passable... I just hope it didn't 'fool' you.

Circular punch mark is from a set screw how this was assembled, no not an original mark.

Groove is there under the thumb - forgot to show it from the other angle.

The inscription is very light.

Not "fooled" - just trying to get some history on this guy. Came across a whole saber super cheap, and this just looked interesting to me.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back