Obi ANH Sabers: What do you have?

And the colour... I know Roman stripped his down and re-weathered his, but I'm keeping mine as is. It's a beautiful dark brown and the brass has a nice darkness about it as well.

Loved the color on it. I might order some Birchwood Casey Plum Brown to see if I can duplicate it on a replica.

I bought this off someone here very reasonably a few years ago. Can't remember who. It's all metal.
z3fd.jpg

... and if I'm not mistaken ... that's the same as my very first OB1 made by Parks . . . although mine has a real graflex clamp now.

Chaim

With the addition of a 3-D printed windvane, my mostly machined Obi ANH is nearly complete. My mostly hardware version nears completion as well. Actually, the only Obi ANH I ever finished, which was all hardware, I ended up selling. I think I'll keep these though.

Well, not that I have any pictures to show for it (yet), but I've finally completed an Obi saber. The other day I decided to give up on the idea of putting the holes and slot into the hardware clamp and just substituted a replica that was on another saber. When I acquired it, the bars were aluminum stock and I've since broken the lever and replaced it with one handmade from sheet metal. The transistors and washers are hardware but the calc bubbles are real, though there's 9 bubbles rather than 7 (No, it's not a Parks. I got it from a vintage calculator I found at a thrift shop). I also mounted the D-ring, so unless I swap out the bubbles, I think it's finally done. Now on to that hardware version!

Awesome!

I have two of those bubble strips, and they don't look half bad! I got them both from TI's at thrift shops I believe - I've found that there are SO MANY versions of the 9-bubble strip and so few of the 7.

For the rest of the thread:
ATM I still have an excellent replica balance pipe, grenade body, real clamp, resin (ish) booster and a newer AS handwheel. Not much news on my front.

Killin me man!

I am working on bending the universe... seems it's been bent a lot though these last years and is coming back less flexible.

Ah well... all in good time.:D

My Roman saber. I added a vintage Graflex clamp Exactra bubbles and have transistors coming. I also added a little more weathering to the emitter.

I guess I forgot to post updated pics here

This took an unbelievable will and bending of the universe to acquire accurate parts for:

My all real parts Obi Wan ANH

Yeah, yeah, yeah... pfft... it looks as if it was put together with a bunch of spare parts... I guess it looks good if you're into that sort of thing... ;)

Killin me man!

I am working on bending the universe... seems it's been bent a lot though these last years and is coming back less flexible.

Ah well... all in good time.:D

Have some faith!

Attachments

• DSC_0037.JPG
    DSC_0037.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 171
Could've sworn I posted it in this thread, but here's the break down: An old two piece Roman's pommel, a moderately accurate machined gear/booster of unknown origin, replica clamp with hardware bars, lever, transistors/washers, and calc strip (replacing the real 9 bubble version), a frag body machined from derlin (by member Rodann), a hardware neck/stem with a 3-D printed windvane (thanks Muttley), and a lightly modified old SD Studios emitter. And it only took 12 years from the time I decided I wanted one!

As soon as I figure out how to post them. And I might need a new camera too. Something seems to be wrong with the one I have now.

Oh, I finally just went ahead and built the pommel for my mostly hardware Obi ANH. It didn't turn out as super and awesome as I might have hoped for, but it's finally done. Maybe I'll revisit it at some point in the future, but for now I think I'm satisfied.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back